Kurzweil

btw, Id be using the K2600 with a computer with cubase or logic and some computer interface, probably an Aardvark LX6 or a Delta 66 or aSeaSound Soloist. (any opinions on this)

I was thinking of pairing it with somekind of drum machine. Either a Boss DR202 or a Korg ER1. For hip hop, which one is better? or is neither one worth it (in other words save up for a jomox or novation)

thanks for any help

Whatsup dude,
I noticed you havent gotten many ansers to your question. This is probably because most of home wreckers arent in a kurzweil income bracket, or at least the k2600's. What I have to ask is, do you have good taste? Do you need your strings and piano just right, do you want to have synthesis techniques to bulk your samples? A kurzweil is a luxury keyboard, and you can hear it. The question is, what good would that do your music. I cant tell you that...

...But I can say instead of getting the k2600 you could get maybe 3 other units. Are you really going to use the k2600 to its fullest, is it worth the extra money compared to a k2500? For that price couldnt you get a k2500 rack and control it with a waldorf q? Or, you could get the k2500rack, the tr rack, and a korg z1.
If you want some info on kurzweils go to www.the-gas-station.com and do a search under kurzweil, make sure you do the advanced search otherwise your only searching 10 days worth of posts...

Personally, Im using an emu esi 2000 for sampling, and am about to get a waldorf micro q. Also on my short list is the nord modular and the soft synth reaktor. Id like to get a hardware sequencer perhaps, but thats not bugging me as my mac is solid, but pro tools le's midi is weak, but I manage.
Instead of the $3,200+/- a k2600 costs you could have:
mpc 2000 xl
waldorf micro q
fatar 88 key weighted controller keyboard
roland jv 1010

or maybe,
k2500s and a nord modular rack...

Well with the price drop I can get a k2600 for 2700 dollars (without sampling) Iv played one and the sounds, editing and control are unbeleivable. But my primary music is jazz and hip hop. It would be great for jazz but im not sure if Id need something else for hip hop. BTW im not into "sampled" hip hop. The only thing that worries me with the kurz is the drum and bass sounds. The drums are great for realistic type of sounds. It doesnt have the sampling option but can read all types of samples, where can I find great hip hop drum, bass and sound kits for the kurz's? How do Akai, emu, ensonique samples sound on the kurz? What can I do for bass sounds? Would something like the BossDR202 be the solution or can great results be obtained from just the kurzweil?

Back