korg triton????

scorpio01169

hey guys who do R&B, rap. i have a korg triton rack that i bought for my studio for producers to come in and write.....but i am curious as to do most of you use stock sounds or which expansion card do most of you guys use? as i want to have the best sounds for my clients to use.

honestly with those specs you have above the riaa is gonna come kick your door down. But the tritons sounds are the triton sounds, very early 2000'ish but it gets the job done. Me personally i wouldnt have bought 1 in these days.

PS go get your money back and do a major vocal preamp and mic upgrade and you'll thank me later.

yea korg needs to really step it up with there triton line, although there are some third party expansion boards for the triton rack i seen not too long ago can't remember wut site i was on when i seen those tho srry, other than that listen to KT he's right

if you already have one than there is no reason not to like it but if your in the market for a workstation right now i would stay away from the triton cuz u must admit that the sounds have pretty much been all played out if your not the type to be tweaking things to try to create diff. sounds outta the stock material ya dig?

well i bought it because regardless of how old it is....the pianos', strings, and basses still sound great....& it has a sampler and i only paid $700 for it. the reason i asked is because i dont write alot of rap or r&b.....but i get alot of wannabe producers that want to use my studio....therefore i wanted to have some of the best sounds coming outa my studio....as far as the vocal mic pre....im bout to get a avalon 737 or a m5...however my a.r.t sounds alright to me i dont care what anyone says about A.R.T. and yes i probably will do a mic upgrade soon, but right now i am gettting good results with what i have.

I'm a tweaker, that's why I still use the triton, but I also have the motif and fantom. Combine that with Reason 3 and I can kill a beat.

What fun is sound if you just use wtf they hand you and not twist it and mix it up to make something all your own?

Fieva said:
I'm a tweaker, that's why I still use the triton, but I also have the motif and fantom. Combine that with Reason 3 and I can kill a beat.

What fun is sound if you just use what they hand you and not twist it and mix it up to make something all your own?

I agree! I like doing things that aren't in the manual!! If you are a tweaker, you will like the triton. If you like preset sounds, you'd probably like the motif better.

It always helps to tweak sound atleast a little. Like for me I have a Fantom XR and I feel alot of the presets are oversoaked in fx. So if nothing else I'm constanly trimming down the feed on alot of them.

As for the triton I feel it's still a very formidable piece of kit. I have a triton studio maxxed out with 7 exb and the moss board(which i have yet to dig into).

I think in hiphop workstations are judged on how used up the "BIG" presets on the board are. By BIG presets I don't mean your high quality bread and butter sounds, but the uniquely programmed ones usually in the lead synth, synth bass and motion/pulsating synth sections. When a new board comes out it's like a race to get beats heard that have these stand out presets. After that it's "Aww (insert producers name) used that sound on that (insert artists name)'s song"

i agree totally with that hi_di... me personally i believe that if you are a true keyboard player you can tweak most any keyboard to get the sound you want out of it.

Back