K-Lord: 21 Questions Interview (Mindset)

bknot1

Hustle Magic!! We Got It.
dontknow if it was posted before..

This interview was with K-Lord of MindSet Entertainment. Big shouts to Alex for helping make this possible. Also, expect a few more interviews to come from this entertainment group cause they have an extensive repotoire of artists.

1. What's the 1 thing about you that makes you "you"? why? Knowledge. You could have knowledge, but knowing exactly how to make it work with ya is a different story. I peeped many cats in the game, the ones that make it do so cause they making real moves, taking real steps. Since I stepped in this game, I'm about making leaps, and helping my team along the way. Got to have your mind-set on what you want and go get it cause it's yours too.

2. If you could work with any other indy artist right now who would it be and why? Kraylen. He is ill no doubt, off the chain, just listen to Voices In The Night, second verse. No, just LISTEN to it.

3. What's the biggest obstacle in the game right now as far as breaking? why? Nothing really, it's just a matter of time. I mean, I talk to majors weekly, getting material ready. But I ain't going to release a half ass product know what I mean? It's got to be polished, and we working on that as we speak.

4. Who is your biggest influence musically. why? Well really everyone, I'll decipher why they made it, and see if I can incorporate anything extra. I loved Pac's style, and all the rest of the W.

5. What would you say if Barak Obama asked you to co-sign his political campaign? why? Who? I'm ready to bomb the industry

6. What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in terms of a music career? Not doing this sooner.

7. Do you have any projects you're currently working on and do you have any guest appearances? No Answer

8. What's your favorite movie? why? Difficult choice, but I'll probably say some shit like Friday, cause Cube is my n***a.

9. Myspace or soundclick? why? Both gots good & bad points man, I'll use both, and do. Though soundclick is starting to diminished, or has already for a while, it has good services for the musicians. Myspace, of course, has a major network, that can easily be used for target marketing. You got 99% of your listeners on 1 website. Can't beat that. But don't rely on website marketing, you got to be on the street, or have someone on the streets getting your name out.

10. Tell us about your recording studio and what you guys do on a day to day basis? Every day of the week, well at least 5 days a week, we in the studio, recording at the Sound Labs here in Dallas. In the suburbs of the south's Hollywood, Los Colinas. Just to patch some of you up, this is where Destiny's Child's Writing on the Wall was done, Stevie Ray Vaughn's albums were recorded here, Pantera, the list goes on. Of course, the show Prison Break is done next door. Anyways, these are million dollar facilities. We work it.

11. What's the mission statement of Mindset Entertainment? Mindset Entertainment brings the finest music and sound from certain parts of the U.S into one listening resort.

12. Why did you choose to be a part of Mindset Entertainment? It takes you to another level, you open your mind, and have your mind set on something, and you go get it. It's like a school, where you do what you like to do. I love it.

13. How do you feel about people who live their lives battling in a net forum? Any advice for them? Don't make it your life son. One day you need to take that step, get your skills ripe enough, and go get it son. Nobody will hand it to you on a platter. Vyrous won 4 tourny's and hundreds of battles, with only 1 loss.

14. Tell us who is your most lethal labelmate on Mindset? Why? Big Rillo or Vyrous. Rillo is something else son. He's a cool ass cat, but down for what he loves man, music. His lyrics and flow are superb but only accompany a good personality. We get it son.

15. What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? It used to be smoke me a blunt, and go back to sleep. Howeva these days I'm getting' old, so I wake up at 8 in the morning, and start doing my stretches j/k, I pull a pen and pad out and write for 10 minutes and stop at 10 minutes. Writing practices, it opens your mind. Always stop at 10 minutes even if you had some tight ass line. Everyday, you become more skilled, and want to write down some tight shit all the time, and poof, there comes the hits son. That's where they grow on, your mind.

16. How do you feel about mp3's and downloads, and how has that effected your avenues for promotion? Good and bad. Good thing is that it's majority free thing to do for your promotions, and it allows people to recognize who you are, we all love free shit. Less money needed for promotions. Bad thing is, too much of this, and people just start taking it from you.

17. What's the last thing you ate? WhatABurger

18. Is there anybody you have any beef with right now and what's your thoughts on beef? You gotta know what comes to mind. What's beef? Beef is when you need two gats to go to sleep, Beef is when your moms ain't safe up in the streets, Beef is when I see you Guaranteed to be an ICU, one more time

19. Nas or Jay-Z? why? Nas. His lyrics speak realness. I personally don't like Jay's style, but I respect him as a man. Some of his stuff is hot shit though. Only some.

20. How did you come up with your name/moniker? Well before all this music shit, I was out doing my thang on the streets. Niggaz thought I was krazie with all my thoughts on getting it, of course then in those times I was a Lord.

21. Any last words for the readers? Mindset Entertainment you won't forget it. If you want it, you can have it, come on, take it. Weather Man, Vyrous, Lt. Mac, Big Rillo, Baby Boy, Anonymous Ink, what up son. To the rest of you cats on the streets don't music don't be too greedy, don't be too picky. If you got a connect on a label, do it son, don't sit around thinking about your own shit, that can come later, when you have a bank roll of a million dollars, then you can do your own shit right. Get it today, jump leaps of steps son, and keep hustling your name out. One

Again, thanks to you fellas for participating and DNS readers can expect some more interviews from this crew of MC's in the near future.

http://www.mindsetentertainmentinc.net

from http://danewsstand.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=146
for those that said it is pointless..and traffice is pickin up over there..slowly

nice interview..:D

lmfao thx. It was actually more full detail, but then when I tried to send it, my email logged out cause it was "inactive" while I was typing away. Sucked ass.... I went there saw something bout my old site. Just to clear things up, never marry a Puerto Rican chick. They have some serious issues.

Anyways I have a few video ones that are being edited by a couple of editors lol, should be out after they finished with it. I thought the interview was kinda lame. Not the best choices of questions for some of that.

I'll probably span the interviews for the rest of us in time, let it build some traffic in the mean time lmao.

Back