Judge My Mixing

rnb259

hey ya'll wats up, i was wondering if anybody would mind giving me some feedback on my mixing skills. Im at www.soundclick.com/soulb, the song is called "Intro". Let Me know wat i could possibly improve on thanks!

I'll give it a listen. Check my beats out. The link is on my signature. Thanx in advance.

I can tell the mixing is a little bit off....but I'm trying to figure out how to make it better. It seems like the beat tries to fight the vocals for control. The track sounds good but it's that mixing. I can definitely say take down the vocals a little bit. Try that and then see if it sounds a little better. Some of it I can understand only because I have to put my ear into it to pull those vocals to my head.

Edit: BTW I checked out i'ma take it. That's how the intro should sound so now I know you got it in you homie. Stay up and don't fall.

well for my setup im using

1.a focusrite trackmaster channel strip
2.a behringer composer xl
3.a studio projects b1/behringer b1
4.the default soundcard on my e-machine

where can i improve if you don't mind the asking?!

rnb259 said:
well for my setup im using

1.a focusrite trackmaster channel strip
2.a behringer composer xl
3.a studio projects b1/behringer b1
4.the default soundcard on my e-machine

where can i improve if you don't mind the asking?!

First piece of advice I can give is if you're using the factory soundcard in your computer for vocals....don't. It's not made for that and can make vocals sound weak...really weak. That can possibly ruin your equipment as well (especially if you're using phantom power because it'll overpower your card). Using the line in port or the midi game port for instruments is fine, but leave the mic port alone.

In alternative what you can do, if you have the budget is to get a digital soundcard. I use a M-Audio Delta 44, that runs about $150. The digital sound card will be powerful enough to get a good signal from your preamp, mic, and compressor. You may also want to check out the "free ads/music and music equipment for sale" section in the forum to see what you can find in addition to ebay, guitar center, zzounds.com and musiciansfriend.com

I hope that helps you out.

Back