Jinx on a positive note....

its nice..you should have taken the vocal tag out tho....lol

man ya'll should be over there doin it big..i think this is nice..nice work fam..

HAHAHA...Every producer should have a vocal tag. I got like three of them joints. Fun to do on them drunken nights. Yeah, I'm remix'in this joint down and shoot'in over to a couple of radio stations. Thanks-

The link dint work for me... never does.
But i got your soundclick and i think im listenin to right track?

First Drink (On Me)

Im lovin it. Beat is dope for real.
Aint my type of rap either but its still got me bobbin my head.

Kudos homie. ;)

Yeah, I know. I usually drop at least 2-3 instruments on the lead melody, but he wanted it simple. Oh well, it's done now, might remix it though.

naw i mean the main lead sound is thin and if its mixed dude.... i would re do it again from scratch. The vocals sound harsh and scratchy.

now i lik ethat joint - its like . . . some backpacka type shit ( prolly not really backpacka the way most folk define em though ) but thats a nice laid back joint there!!!

Damn Killa, give me at least a little time to get it right, lol. When I "remix", I EQ everything all over again, kinda start from scratch you know. But thanks for the feedback tho, anything you guys give me helps to perfect my sound.....

Honestly, the mix sounds ok to me. Themelody is thin, but if that's how you want it, fine... Vocals aren't muddy, maybe a bit sibilant in spots, but nothing too harsh.

Only real issue is the delivery on the hook... it's so monotone, I can't get into it. I can understand the verse being laid back, but the hook has to be catchy... and right now, it's not.

Back