-iSOBaric--Hello all new to this forum--who likes house and breaks?

iSOBaric

Last edited:
happy monday
dj lineup for 4-11-15
12:45 DJ Zona
11:45 DJ Shinma
10:45 Figit
9:45 Cathexis
8:45 Jah killin/Scooter
7:45 P.O.W.
6:45 iSOBaric

Jungle + Friends

A Place Somewhere In Between Cleveland, Columbus And Detroit Where Friends Who Love Jungle Can Come Together Just To Drop Some Drum And Bass And Kick It.

Kind Of A Good Ole' House Party Vibe......
But, I Wanted Us All To Have A Decent Environment, That's Not Just Someone's Living Room Or Basement... And With A Bar LoL
So, I got Us An Actual Venue, Which Also Means We Can Crank It Up And Not Have To Worry About The Neighbors!
....But This Is That Kind Of Deal.... Just Good People Who Are Friends, Hanging Out With Great Music

It's About An Hour Closer To Detroit For Our Detroit Friends, And About An Hour From Cleveland And Columbus.

There Are Several Hotels Nearby Ranging From Cheap To Nice.

This Event Is Free Of Charge, As It Is Not Actually An Event... Just Some Heads Getting Together And Sharing One Love.

Attachments

• 17792_10200236745639199_4010280458711445102_n.jpg
    17792_10200236745639199_4010280458711445102_n.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 192
  • FB_IMG_1426505104647 (1).jpg
    FB_IMG_1426505104647 (1).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
LOL! 5 replies. All by the OP.

Now THAT'S a snap shot of this section of the forum right there. It's all you need to know about this "community". :laughings:

I can see people playing this style of music at a party. Do you do this live? What little I know of these various genres (House, D&B, Trace, Dub) is seems more of a live freestyle (with a basic rehearsed outline) type music. Hard to get the same feel in pre-recorded music that you can get out of a live performance.

I only know some of this since Ableton leans that way. Take your samples and loops and get them in the grid, add your VST and effects to your various channels, then with a controller, start engage your samples and mix effects live for more or less live mixing. Just doesn't seem to translate that well pre-recorded. Loses energy. I tried it and it was fun to do (like jamming with your buds), recorded it and afterwards listened, I was like, huh, yea, OK.

Jams seem to never translate to the recorded output. It is like, you had to be there.

I mix the music I create, yes in a set ...from 1hout to 4 hours of dance music....not really meant to be played while sitting back smoking a corn pipe trying on burkenstocks ..not that,thats bad...but not really a dancing enviroment for electronic music.

I mix the music I create, yes in a set ...from 1hout to 4 hours of dance music....not really meant to be played while sitting back smoking a corn pipe trying on burkenstocks ..not that,thats bad...but not really a dancing enviroment for electronic music.

I thought about do this type of music live and that is why I know about it. Maybe if I were younger, but now I would just a poser or weird old dude. But I can see this being cool to do live.

started going to see djs in 96 started playing vinyl in 99 and never looked back.

From what I know, M.A.R.R.S, done this in 1986. I can only imagine how hard it was for these guys to do this.

I assume tape loops, and lots of mixing. I think it still sound fresh today.

Back