Intro To Lp Check it outtttt

Kevlar

Well i've been watching my fam at HR but haven't posted in awhile lot going on like the rest of the old crew. My lp is near completion and I wanted ya'll to take a listen to my intro track to see what you think. If you have time to give a review cool if not thats cool to. Just know that all is well and i'm glad to see some familiar faces still hangin around

Peace,

Kevlar

http://www.myspace.com/kevlardaillest

^song plays as soon as you log on

:wow: its been long time fam...nice to know all is well with you...to bad i cant view myspace sites while at work or on my Palm Pilot....nice to see you back up in here

Thanks

Well thats great i've gotta all positives so far and even if i get a few negatives one HR positive is alot stronger than a negative period. So did i not get the memo? Did something happen to spin. If it's some personal ish someone contact me pm or on aol cuz spin is and was that dude if you needed guidence or advice on anything.
Sorry for the rant thanks for the support

Peace,

Kevlar

Btw

Jesus Christ Gully Jewels that joint on your soundclick .. is blazzzzzin it's now on the ipod peace,

Kevlar

i peeped 3 tracks and was feeling 2 outta 3 nice lyrics it's good to hear artists rappin about more than a chain or some chrome big ups to u son

i was wondering how you were getting the vocals to wrap around my head :eek:

then i put it into mono.... I need to try messing with phase sometime :)

Other than your mixes being off, it's good stuff, Kev. You've stepped your game up a lot.

Clockwork is nice with it. I've got a couple beats from him on my new project.

Change of POETS said:
Other than your mixes being off, it's good stuff, Kev. You've stepped your game up a lot.

Clockwork is nice with it. I've got a couple beats from him on my new project.

I thought my mix was alright but what would u suggest to fix this problem? Do you think it's my ears, equipment etc?

Clock is nice man he's got a nice following i've actually got 5 joints from him man..i dunno he is the most consistent for my style and he's a good kid on top of it.

Rambling on...sorry

Well any suggestions on the mix from anyone would be great the only thing i could think of is maybe my vox are a lil loud

thanks in advance.

Kevlar

its def. that your voice is too loud..yo jsut a quick suggestion, i think your voice would sound really dope with a resonance filter and maybe some more mid eqs thats about it..you tell stories very well son i'll tell you that right now ;)

Kevlar said:
I thought my mix was alright but what would u suggest to fix this problem? Do you think it's my ears, equipment etc?

Clock is nice man he's got a nice following i've actually got 5 joints from him man..i dunno he is the most consistent for my style and he's a good kid on top of it.

Rambling on...sorry

Well any suggestions on the mix from anyone would be great the only thing i could think of is maybe my vox are a lil loud

thanks in advance.

Kevlar
It's hard to be specific as MySpace kills MP3 quality.. but... Yes, your vox are a few db too loud. They don't sit in the mix like they should. Unless you purchased beats from Clock, I assume your recording over stereo tracks. Harder to get right, but not impossible. I'd suggest lowering your vox by a few db, exporting your mixdown and run it through a parametric EQ, sweeten the midrange and low end, give a bit of brightness on top, and then run it through a compressor at maybe, 3:1 setting with a high threshold so your only pushing a bit on the track... that should help meld the vox and beat together better.

Word.

RafagasMusic said:
its def. that your voice is too loud..yo jsut a quick suggestion, i think your voice would sound really dope with a resonance filter and maybe some more mid eqs thats about it..you tell stories very well son i'll tell you that right now ;)

Thanks for the tip! i'm gonna play with some settings before i finalize the lp.
Also thanks for the comment i appreciate it

Change of POETS said:
It's hard to be specific as MySpace kills MP3 quality.. but... Yes, your vox are a few db too loud. They don't sit in the mix like they should. Unless you purchased beats from Clock, I assume your recording over stereo tracks. Harder to get right, but not impossible. I'd suggest lowering your vox by a few db, exporting your mixdown and run it through a parametric EQ, sweeten the midrange and low end, give a bit of brightness on top, and then run it through a compressor at maybe, 3:1 setting with a high threshold so your only pushing a bit on the track... that should help meld the vox and beat together better.

Word.

Damn man all good tips! I'm going to mix this after I get the lp done. When you say run it through a paremetric eq do you mean just the vox or the whole joint? If thats a dumb question sorry i just want to take care of business. Thanks change you always know what your talkin about so if you give advice I def listen.

Peace,

Kevlar

damn you got soem sick beat, vocals gotta be mixed abit ons ome tracks but sick man, keep up the good work!

Back