I'm ready to compose beats what do i need?

ujamaa7

Ok here it is fellas,

I have a djx keyboard that i've been messin with 4 quite some time now and i'm ready to start actually laying beats down and let people hear what i got. Ok all i'm looking 4 is a looper....i just need something that will let me play into it and loop my tracks 4 me because i can't play the keyboard 4 to long cause i always mess up and i wouldn't wanna play each track for like 4 minutes. Do any of u fellas know of a device that will assist me? I'm dead broke so i don't have much money to spend on a very expensive machine. I'm not really looking 4 anything speacial ...all i need is something that will let me lay down about 8 tracks and beable to mute out a track and bring it back in when i want to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to construct your music using a computer try one or all of these:

Fruity Loops

Rebirth

Acid 2.0

Sound Forge 4.5

I think that if you use Fruity loops and Acid 2.0 together while using Sound Forge 4.5 as your editor, you will be able to acheive your desired task.

Peace...:D
spin

Depends on what kind of budget you're looking at ($200-500?). I'd say look into getting a used Ensoniq EPS for around 400 balls I believe. Or just get started with Acid or Fruity loops.

acid music or acid pro is truly the way to go in your situation... recording into the program is truly easy , and you dont need a top notch computer to run it either, all you need is alot of RAM... you can easily manipulate the beats per minute as well as the tempo and make almost any two beats sync up together perfectly.. i was combining metallica riffs with old school beastie boys beats not too long ago.. it sucked ass , but hey , at least you know you can do it...

yamaha djx , a computer , and acid music (60 bucks at compusa or best buy)...its the only way to fly...

- eddie -

actually , i might have some old beat samples of stuff that i did for some hip hop friends with a yamaha djx and acid pro about a year ago.. post back if you want to hear them..

- eddie -

here you go... just remember , im white...:) these were started but never finished beats i did for a hip hopper friend of mine, thats why there arent really too many fills... there were actually lyrics that went along with these beats , but they were never recorded... i have a few more , but theyre even worse... these were done on a yamaha djx with a compaq computer... 300 mhz, 64 megs of ram, and a 4 gig hard drive...not to mention a built in soundcard...

actually , now that i look at what i posted , only 2 are beats... the godfather one i did myself out of boredom and for recording practice...

- eddie -

Back