I''m giving up the beat making...

LAZI

YEP... Giving it up... Laying it down... KAA PUUT...

That's right... That's it for ya boy. Can't do it no more...My scratch, time, and lifestyle just won't allow me to spend my days off in a dark dingy hole in the wall banging out more useless tracks. I gotta do it... I just don't have a choice... The people around me have let me down so bad that I have no other choice but to give up and be realistic about my situation. This means no more track making for me. I gotta find a new 9 to 5.... Maybe something in the communications area.

So If any of ya'll looking to buy some used equipment real cheap and make a come up on my miserable failures in my miserable life then you can email me at --->FUCKYOU@NEVERINMYLIFETIMEBITCH.COM

Got happy when you saw the cheap equipment huh? :D

But... I'm really just stopping on the beats for a minute... I'm swapping out my time with the keys and the pads for the pen and pad... That's right... Jumping back on the mic and pretty damn hard this time (I hope). I gotta a project that's been sitting up for well over a year now. It's gotta go this fall or I can lay it down for real. Plus the shit needs to be done right and fools really letting me down so I gotta take it on my shoulders. Shit I do everything else... Not even tripping... Leave it up to other cats and it'll never happen and that's just for real. It's like shits all cool while we sitting around being broke... Shit ain't cool with me... No one down to bust for shit and steady looking at me but my moneys spent for the hour so i'ma fuck something while I still can. No diggetty...

So expect to hear from me on a whole aother level for a minute... Ohh and see me to... YUSUFMALIK.COM. My shit is coming....

:D :D

You had me worried there lazi :D

But for real I feel u.

Everyone lets u down - there's maybe one person I know that is really into it and wouldn't let you down for shit (IRL)

Best of luck to ya.

You have my full support.

I thought you were serious for a minute there.

I feel you on being let down. I have had the same problem. I think what it comes down to is investment. Cats with no equipment ($$$) can easily walk. Cats like you and me with thousands of dollars in equipment can't. There are exceptions I'm sure, but I've yet to meet one.

For me it's gonna be remixing and my own solo projects from now on. My group collapsed last year and after all the time I invested into it I've decided relying on someone else is just too much of a gamble.

Good luck with the writing, let us know when you have something to hear.

Stray

Fools just act like they don't wanna go get the cheese cake...

KAM said it best... "People will either let you down or sell you out".

All I know is ain't nobody doing this shit for me like that. I ain't mad though... Just do what I gotta... I'll be that excutive producer, producer, lyricist, singer, model, actor, camera man, web master, bodyguard, water boy, cheescake go getter, damn Stan my #1 fan, and whatever else is need...

Really just had to officialize my desicion cuz I've been trying to change my focus since last year. Just been madly addictted to the tracks lately...

Shit ain't gravy bit it'd have to be some real, real shit for me to fold up like that though... If I do fold anytime in the next couple years ya'll come find me and whoop my ass... :D

BMAKER- Peeping the track right now. Kids learn fast... She gonna be schooling you in a minute.

Man I saw your setup Lazi and I'm glad you're joking because I see potential to do some instrumental and vocal damage with that :)

I guess I did...I had to be curious and see what peeps are workin with. Lazi just got all that stuff crammed in a lil room unless it's changed. And since I'm just updating my soundclick (adding new beats with some descriptions an all), I looked through the posts here and there since I'm new.

lol at this thread, we went the same direction from opposite places.
i was strictly an emcee for years, until i got tired of starving for beats due to fall out connections. now im the emcee, beatmaker, mixer, masterer, promoter etc etc
of a one man group where im the only member.
i like it though, a lot more freedom. im new to beatmaking and mixing and such,
but now i can get shit done on my own schedual.
good luck man.

.peace.

ethos said:
lol at this thread, we went the same direction from opposite places.
i was strictly an emcee for years, until i got tired of starving for beats due to fall out connections. now im the emcee, beatmaker, mixer, masterer, promoter etc etc
of a one man group where im the only member.
i like it though, a lot more freedom. im new to beatmaking and mixing and such,
but now i can get shit done on my own schedual.
good luck man.

.peace.

Me and you have a LOT in common ethos. When I started, I had someone else doing my production....however, I didn't know that what I was paying for was total b.s. I was like ok, I'm paying $60 a track with no limit on hours. The problem with this is the beat without the drums would sound ok (because it was all midi), but when the drums were added, air would get into the mix. I'm thinking he connected it straight into a mic or something because line shouldn't have done that unless it just was a bad drum machine to begin with. Anyway, once I did my album and really saw the results, I decided to go out on my own and make my own tracks.

I Would Add On To This Cypher . . . But Its Pretty Much All Been Said

I Cut An Entire Cd With Dudes . . . Just To Hear How No One Wanted To Meet Up Together For Shows Cuz We Wont Gittin Paid For Em . . . A Whole Fuckin Cd . . .
Well Im Redoin Most Of Those Songs Now As Solo Joints
U Know It!!!

So If any of ya'll looking to buy some used equipment real cheap and make a come up on my miserable failures in my miserable life then you can email me at --->FUCKYOU@NEVERINMYLIFETIMEBITCH.COM

Uhmmm the link doesn't work.... :D

Man hope it gets better for you soon man keep ya head up.

stray411 said:
I thought you were serious for a minute there.

I feel you on being let down. I have had the same problem. I think what it comes down to is investment. Cats with no equipment ($$$) can easily walk. Cats like you and me with thousands of dollars in equipment can't. There are exceptions I'm sure, but I've yet to meet one.

For me it's gonna be remixing and my own solo projects from now on. My group collapsed last year and after all the time I invested into it I've decided relying on someone else is just too much of a gamble.

Good luck with the writing, let us know when you have something to hear.

Stray

Yo Stray, I'm peepin' ya site right now and I'm feelin' the tracks. Good work homie.

Back