An Idea

Abyyss

that's life
Well, seen as we have 2 fresh ideas on the forums (anual BIG collab and anual remix comp) I thought of another cool idea that'd revolutionize the forum even more.

Every year (I vote sometime in summer) we have an anual awards "cermony" and we could have awards for like "best newcomer", "most improvement", "best east coast beat", etc.

What ya'll think?

K, I'll make a new thread in a bit (when I can be bothered :D).

This forum is undergoing some major changes which I think will improve the community here drastically.

Excellent idea Abyyss. My early nominations:

Abyyss for Best Unsigned Moderator.

Lazi and Spin for King of All Links.

Raticus (even though he doesn't come around as much anymore) for Champion of Chop.

And lastly (even though he doesn't come around as much anymore) Sol for just about any production category.

Stray

I would agree with all of them (especially the first :D).

First we need to get some awards sorted out.

Here's some, please add people:

Normal Awards

These will have 5 nominations through voting and the winner voted by the public.

Best Newcomer
Most Improvement
Best East Coast
Best West Coast
Best Down South (Dirty South, whatever it's called - I'm british, I can't help it)
Producer of the Moment
Rapper of the Moment
Champion of Chop (sampling/whatever)

Special Awards

These are kinda decided on between members of the forum, maybe voted on unless the winner is pretty obvious.

King of Links
Best Unsigned Moderator
Significant Contribution

Damn, I'm tired.

I don't know about the "of the moment" categories. I can understand your thinking on it though. How else could the public fairly judge?

I say regular board members do the nominations based on the entire bodies of work, rather than just one beat or lyric. Then nominees can decide on their best work to upload. What do you think about doing it that way?

Also, what about adding a few other categories...

Best Song
Best Remix
Best Collabo

Let's get this part straight then post a ballot thread to keep everything organized.

Stray

Yeah, we'll work out how we're going to do this and all the categories then I'll set it up for every1.

Oh and btw any ideas for a name anyone.

I GOT IT!!!!!

how about:

"thee almighty homerec hip hop awards and fashion show"

(the fashion show is for you light-in-da---- cats out there, you know who you are.)

-L

that was free, the next jewel will cost you...

Really good idea

Its gonnabe hard keeping track of everything for a whole year though. prolly should do it every six months. or gotta get a place to keep all of the nominee tracks so folk who missed or forget(with producers permission ofcorse. if organized right this could be hot.

Yeh, maybe every 6 months.

I know it'll take good organization but I'm willing to do it when we're up and running.

Lets get the categories sorted first then I'll make a thread for nominations.

Here is what I think (we don't want too many categories though):

Best Newcomer
Most Improvement
Best East Coast
Best West Coast
Best Down South (Dirty South, whatever it's called - I'm british, I can't help it)
Best Piece of Production
Best Track (vocals)
Best Lyrics
Champion of Chop (sampling/whatever)
Best Song
Best Remix
Best Collabo

King of Links
Best Unsigned Moderator
Significant Contribution

I think the last 3 will only have 1/2 contending so we'll just decide by vote who it should be for each.

For the other ones we will get 5 nominations and vote between them for the winner.

Back