I need to know.....

Optic

Where to begin if i want to start making my own beats and samples....I have been rapping for 4 years now and i need to stop playing with these people that want to make their sound not mine...i know this sounds egotistical...but i know i can make my music sound great if i could just get my hand on the right tools to do it..please i need to know where to start........i have a few ideas already but i have no clue what to begin with...your help would be greatly appreciated.....thank you for your time

OPTIC

Well, we need a little more information like, how much can you spend, computer based or stand alone recording.... we can help you out..

Carter

I am lookin'

to spend about $4-500...will this be enough for something to start out with or could i spned less and still have good quality...I just don't what which type of machine to start out with..like a sampler or what? thanks you for your help...
Optic

Hi,
Also theres the korg electribe s. I like it because it has sampling capabilities, a squencer, and cool effects.
Your not going to be able to get everything on this budget, but with a few pieces youll soon have enough to really learn about recording. Then you can upgrade piece by piece your studio and with what youve learned with your starter set up youll be a bad mutha fucka.

Id say you need a mic, a soundcard,a pre amp, some speakers or moniters, some keys and a sequencer. The important thing at your stage is just to get all these bases covered so you can learn, then piece by piece get better gear.

If you have a decent computer at all heres a few options:
n-track:
www.fasoft.com
orion:
www.sonic-syndicate.com

and for a soundcard maybe an sb live. Theyre not the best, but they have a built in sampler. If you already have a sampler, then a better soundcard is the delta 44(for down the road in the future perhaps)

So, youll use your soundblaster as a sampler, and record on n-tracks and orion.But, youll need a keyboard to do that:
alesis qs 6.1
roland rs 5
yamaha cs 2x

So, you have to decide what you wantb to do. If you could boost your budget up to $800 or $1,000 then youd be able to start recording complete songs so you can learn.
Remember, the key here is to get set up so you can learn. Then youll upgrade and be able to kick ass.

Peace,
Robert

Back