I have a 'lil problem w/ my pc

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
Why is it when I try to listen to people's collabs, uploaded projects, etc....It won't play right on my pc. I have AOL via Modem and it plays a little snippet then it gets a buffering message, pauses for a minute or so, then plays a snippet again. And I do access the lo fi......Is my PC F'd up? It's fairly new and I never had the prob with my gateway that I use just for recordings..........Any recommendations? Because I am missing out on listening to peoples projects, except when I get to work. (And you know how that is.)

The Pc I am referring to is a 6 month old Gateway 500 series......... Pent 3 80Gb 512 Ram Soundblaster Live Soundcard

Trizza

My bad Spin! I figured since I'm always over here someone else might have been experiencing the same problem. I thought it was a Hip Hop Thing! :D
But thanks for forwarding it for me. I want to get down with collabs too, but I just can't seem to get my pc to vibe w/ me.

Thanks again though,

Trizza

I don't run with aol so I can't help you.

But one of my mates has been experiencing the same problem with aol so I don't think it's uncommon.

You could try using Internet explorer instead of aol's program.

You'll probably get better help than this in the newbie forum tho, so spin is right.

I've found that the bandwidth with a dial-up connection is just not enough to reliably stream things, even the so-called lo-fi material. Gaaad, it even sputters sometimes with my DSL connection.

That is, it's not the computer that's the problem.

It is probably both (but moreso the connection).
Ill ditto Spin. I live in the country and have dialup. My fastest speed is 2600.
Depending on traffic I usually can play Lo-Fi with realplayer with good results. Some have problems with realplayer but I never have on any of my systems. You should be able to set up realplayer (or any other lofi player) for Default play if the Aol scheme isnt working well.
An external modem might help matters too. Also you can have the phone company check to see how clean the line is for internet service. Trust me on this. Ive had the phone company come out and fix my line because of so much static on the line. You could talk fine but when it came to the modem it was a different story.
I dont like AOL!:rolleyes:
:cool:

Thanx Fellas
I noticed that when I was listening to some things earlier, it wasn't as bad. I imagine the traffic was low around lunch time. But AOL is no longer a friend of mine!!!!
Sad thing is, my whole hood has high speed access except my street. So I need to get on the horn regarding that too!

Spin

Them cats in the newbie section had my sh*t on IGNORE....:mad:

Good Lookin Fellas

Trizza

Back