!!Hot Beats/Free Beats!!

Aight. I'm gonna be straightforward here.
You still got alot to learn. Both musicalwise and the technical aspect, as well as some fundamental things you won't find in a book. Only in common sense, after you look for it.

I checked out a selection of your beats, and here's my aid...atleast I hope it's helpful hehe

Musicalwise:
In some of the beats you've hammered them with instruments playing all sorts of melodies. It's hard to keep track, and it all sounds really messy. You don't have anything fundamental to build the track on. This is really important. Put down the foundation, and build a house on top of it.

Technical aspects:
They're not tight, they have varying levels off percs (percussion elements), which is good...in smaller amounts. You need to have a big, strong kick to drive the track. It needs to be very present and never leave it's place in the "sonic image". Before I go on rabling this all out there's a few things that could fix this, on a more universal level.
Compression. Really important, but more important to learn before you utilise it. This will lift your track up and tighten the bolts around it. I suggest you google around for some information about this, as well as other production techniques. There's alot to production that doesn't meet the eye. Compression is just one of them. I know that when you sit down and start reading about this you'll probably end up going: "huh?", "what?" "ratio?" "Is this an x-rated thing...?" Believe me man, you would wanna study about this. It's hard to get in the market today, and if you really want to go somewhere with your music, why don't do something that the minority of folks would do? Dive in the information ocean...and stay there.

Common sense.
If everyone is driving a Ferrari, who's gonna notice you if you do the same? Nah...go for an Aston Martin instead. Don't do as everybody else. I might be wrong here but you're mounting your beats in Reason aren't you?
Anyways. You need to get off the factory bank immediately. Use the stuff that's supplied with the program of your choice rarely, or never...tweak them, or drop them.
Get your own samples, rip them up, sow'em back together, process them, be creative and mount a killer track. Does your beat sound weird...? Don't delete it. Get someone else to listen to it, the more the better. If some of them like it, it's not a total flop...When "Drop it like it's hot" can get thru commercially, then anything goes...a rubberband and a boot (my fav instruments hehe) can get you going hehe

I'm gonna stop writing now before I turn encyclopedic on ya all hehe

-Nito

thanks for all of that info man. i understand what your sayin about the tracks not bein tightly woven. im only 16 right now, and i plan on goin to college for learnin how to do all of this. i been pickin up books and stuff recently on mixing and equalisation and just some of the basics. i use FL Studio for everything, people bash it, but i think its very easy to learn and good production wise. i have gotten good feedback on my songs, and some negative, but thats how you get better. I didnt think id be pro within a couple years, but im lightyears ahead of what I use to make when I started.... damn, now im starting to sound like an encyclopedia!

I actually think that the few I listened to had potential. The "Shallow Hope" instrumental was good. The mastering is crap, but I like the instrumentation and the flow. Personally I would up the BPM just a tad.

Keep up the good work........and ditch the factory soundbanks.

~peace

thanks for the feed, the mastering on shallow hope is just throwin it into t-racks and playin wit it cuz i dont really know how to use it yet, lol

lol, im gettin new monitor speakers in a few days, so i can accurately hear how my bass responds, and sure, ill try new styles

Back