Hey Killah got a quick ? for ya

rnb259

what kinda mic do u use fam, i like your vocal sound and i was wondering about the mic/preamp combo u use on your tracks

really, thats amazing man, is it naturally warm like that or is that processing on your part?

ummm it depends where i put that mic , cause some days it sounds great and some days it can be over sibilant. My preamp is the mackie 1202 vlz pro.

hmmm

man i can't lie im really liking your sound quality man, im in the process of rerecording that joint we did caus a button was pressed that wasn't suppost to be and im here at the crib looking for some new equipment

whats ya setup. i always recommend clean mic n clean pre's. Dont buy the cheap tube stuff. I shop at americanmusical.com cause of their payment plan.

do u need a credit card with american musical
my setup is as follows:
Mic- Studio projects c1, ADK Vienna
Cable- Mogami Gold edition cables
Compressors- Mindprint Envoice Parametric Tube Compressor (its real man), Behringer composer xl 2600
Workstation- Roland VS2000 and from there into the computer using
Adobe Audition and a rack of plugins

do you have your mic area treated (sound reinforcement)... that would also help on quality..

of course lol

i got a booth man, ive noticed that for my voice it seems that i need to find a good mic and pre combo

HAHAHAHA bullshit man, mindprint and adk vienna:eek:, ha dopeness boy. Get a grace 101 and an rnc and call it a day dude. Shit i dont even have a booth b. And my vocal chain isnt even that hot. But yes a credit or debit.

thats wats up...lol

i kno, for some reason my stuff never comes out the way i want it to sound but for everybody else it sounds great!!! (i wish i could put my ears on somebody else and letem go to work like that) i been thinkin bout the grace but wen i a/b'd them (the grace and the mindprint) the mindprint sounded much more clearer and thicker/warmer...do u use the debit caus thats all a brother got right now, black kids and they momma with there credit is a terrible thing to waste

yeah i have both, good credit here:D. Pay ya bills b4 they due and starve for a week till you get paid.

But yes your debit has a major cc logo. Send some of that gear here and ill give a test run also, what soundcard you dump ya 2000 too.

ok, this is wat i did...

if you live in the maryland, virginia and d.c. area then your familiar with the rap group "Da Committee", well there producer "Tree Gotti" is a very good friend of mine so i went with him into his studio for some pointers because he does everything for the group (recording mixing and mastering). basicaly i hav all the tools just gotta learn to use them all together a lil bit better he said so with wat i got he said i should be making better sounding recordings then him lol. so this week ima be re-evaluating my studio's inner workings and he'll be helping me a lil so here i go

Back