Hey bknot1, LAZI, and any others who are interested....

Change of POETS

I'm starting work on my next LP. I'm looking for some more "mainstream" beats that can get some radio play.

I've been contacted by 2 college radio stations recently asking me for more "commercial" style music to play on air... I know of one DJ in Oregon who is spinning my current LP at nightclubs and such... anyway, One college is a major campus in Chicago... well over 10,000 students on campus... the other is a smaller campus in Florida... about 3000 students.

I've also got a friend in Australia who is a Radio DJ on a small Hip-Hop station, and he has an audience of 4-5 thousand as well... he plays my stuff from time to time...

Basically... I need some good producers (cause I'm just not up to that skill level personally) for a few radio bangers. They will receive Airplay in these areas I've listed, and hopefully catch on to the local stations around those areas as well.

You will receive full album credits, as well as royalties (if it goes that far) but, truth be told... I'm broke like most emcee's, and can't afford to pay $$ for beats. If anyone is willing to help me out, I'd surely appreciate it... and I'll do whatever I can to return the favor...

when you finish send me some tracks and ill play it on my show here at OSU (Oklahoma State)

Around 18,000 students...

I got somethin for ya.
my best man just graduated from u-m in december!
i studied there myself (sound engineering).
i never finished, but i learned a ton.
check that out at the school of music building on north campus.
I'm originally from Michigan (southfield), but i'm out in the desert now.
long story short, i got what you need. depending upon how you rock it, i may let you do ya thing for free. I got club bangers, party anthems, or i'll make what you want to hear.
holla at me.

LHarris@bg-westside.org

-L

I'm down but things are kinda on the move right now....

Just let me know what ya'll wanna do and it'll jump off if I got anything to do with it.

Holla...

Yo, much spects to all of ya'll.

questien, good looks homie, no doubt.

LAZI, Leonard, and bknot1... thanks so much. If you've got any question of my mic skill or presence, check my soundclick page. No bragging at all, but I'm a top-notch lyricist... I just need better production behind me, and I'll be golden ( :) platinum someday)... but for real... every cat I've ever been approached by from the industry has told me that exact thing. "If I had more comercial beats and radiofriendly songs..."

On the real... I don't even want to bug ya'll with "custom" beats, unless you wanna take it that far... if ya'll just piece me out one or two beats each, I'd be happy as a lark ;) so, it's whatever you can spare you feel me? If you got beats already that you willing to let me rip, I'm down... I'll write around the beats, no need to customize them....

Let me know what's good for ya'll.... and much spects once again for helping a brotha out.

-Change

One producer you really wanna hit up is Sol.

He is known as Mr. Sol round here but also goes by the name of Soleternity or Eternity (on the womb).

I would offer to produce but I doubt I'd be of benefit with my amazing sounds that I'm notorious for :D

gives us an idea of what u rappin about for the commerical play and we caan come up with a tight beat for u..thats all i need..

bknot1 said:
gives us an idea of what u rappin about for the commerical play and we caan come up with a tight beat for u..thats all i need..

I feel you, I feel you...

I want one or two party tracks, just medium tempo club banga's with a hard Kick and bassline, with a Timbaland/Neptune feel to em nah mean? No solid topic for em yet, I generally write around a beat, and write what the beat makes me feel...

For the other tracks, I'ma stay true to my style, bring knowledge and deepness, with heartfelt emotion... something cats can feel... I just need that mainstream sound behind it...

Like I said playa, anything you can spare, I'm willing to rip...lol..

leonardjamaar said:
hey -------.
i just uploaded a few old trax i had collecting dust.
tracks 3-5 are the newer ones, but if you haven't heard the others, then they're new to you.
check em out and see if any suit ya fancy.
i ain't timbo, or pharrell and chad.
i do, however, keep it fonky.
holla.

-L

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=3061/singles

Yo, I'm mos def feeling that "Just begun to Rock" whoo... that joint is hot man...:eek: What are the samples....? I believe I heard Dre, and Method man?

"Ride" is just madd ill... I could get so gully on that track son...
:cool: I could blaze that real gutter like...

I was feelin those two the most... I also liked "Show me love" and I would rock that too, but I don't wanna be greedy... Let me know if you down with me lacing them tracks... much spects playa.

thanks for the love change.
man you can rock any of those joints.
my boys and i wrote rhymes to em, but just as well, i dont care who rhymes on em.
since you want a radio joint, i'll sequence all of them with:

8 bar intro
16 bar verse
16 bar chorus
16 bar verse
8 bar chorus
8 bar break
8 bar verse
16 bar outro

if that's cool, let me know and i'll do all three.
email me directly at LHarris@bg-westside.org so we can kick the actual factuals.
later.

oh, yeah. i just bought a house, so i'm in the process of unpacking my ish. it may be a week or two before i'm done!

later on.
-L

Back