Help From Anyone Bangin Out Beats

AdrockHiggs

What is everyone using to create the bass in their tracks?
i mostly build entire tracks from loops off records, but without a strong knowledge of filters im finding it impossible to lift basslines from records.....so ive tried to use fruityloops to create basslines and they NEVER sound like anything like i want them to.
i need some serious bass help, thanks

hiGGuh
PEACE

live bass sounds the best.
here's what you do:
1) go to your local music store with your sampler in tow.
2) tell them you are looking to purchase a bass guitar and amp
3) let them try to sell you on the $400-1000 dollar models
4) tell them they're pressuring you and to get lost
5) once they leave, sample to your hearts delight (you only need a couple clean notes, then use your sampler to transpose)

if that doesn't work, go to a local high school and look for young cats who are just starting out. they'll play your basslines for free. the only thing left to worry about is recording the amp, which is quite a challenge in itself.
i used synth basslines, but they always sound, well, synth-y.
dre uses live bass (mike elizondo is a monster!). he changed the game, so you could imagine that's the direction everyone is moving in.

later.

-L

yeah thanks man that music store idea would be hilarious. While bitching about bass among friends a few kids i know offered to play bass live on the tracks, so sounds good probably what im gonna do thanks
peace

hmm, i've done it many ways

.) most time, i use my juno106 in unisono 'monster'-mode :D

.) sometimes i detune/eq/compress my spanish guitar or my strat

.) sometimes a friend with his 74' fender precision bass spec. ed. came along :cool:

Back