Fl Thread

wrd i'll do the same anybody can post up something they are trying to accomplish and are having difficulties doing and i'll either post up some text or if it's complicated i'll post up some videos

at first i thought no way that fruity thing is just canned beats with crap sounds

then i started looking at samples and hey i can load anything into this piece of crap and it will play it

then i realized it would change the pitch on that little keyboard thing and i was astounded.

duh! this is too cool!

the manual makes it hard to figure things out well for me at least

this is the kind of thing its easy to show somebody if they theyre in the room with you but hard to explain sometimes in a forum

but we can try

ok i can start. you got one track or channel or whatever with the kick

but you want 2 kicks

or 3 or 7 or whatever

can you load your own samples in sampletank and then load sampletank in the channel and be able to use different samples without loading them each in their own channel?

how do you guys get your own custom instrument sounds in FL? I love FL but I mostly use reason because of the flexibility and creativity I have with my instruments. In FL I can't seem to find a good routine to make unique sounding beats (minus the drums). FL has great time stretch options though for sampling.

my 2 cents......invest in some good vsts hypersonic 2 is a good one, the sound bank is huge you can also combine sounds to create even more sounds if that makes any sense....

Also anything from native instruments is good. Battery, Pro-53, etc. Great stuff. Also get a hold of some good sounfounts and get a good soundfont player. The one in Fl is straight but i like Kontact better. It's a very versitile instrument. I think it's made by native instruments too. Drums sound awesome thru battery! I don't know why, they just hit harder in battery.

so hypersonic, battery, and kontact are used as VSTs in FL? If you get a complex track going, how brutal is that on your CPU usage?

Also, I understand hypersonic is for instruments but what exactly are battery and kontact?

i guess my question makes more sense if i say i want 3 snare sounds in one tune say a basic then a rimshot and an alternate. can i get them on one channel on the step sequencer

i think i could load them into sampletank for that i guess ill have to try it.

i also want to record different notes with my real bass and load them into sampletank

i guess my question makes more sense if i say i want 3 snare sounds in one tune say a basic then a rimshot and an alternate. can i get them on one channel on the step sequencer

i also want to record different notes with my real bass and load them into sampletank

Sorry, I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I haven't gotten to in depth with FL yet.

So I loaded up 4 VST plug ins, so I had 4 separate sounds going and when I finally start to get my beat knockin, it takes up mad CPU and my audio starts cracking ><. Any Ideas?

Yes you can put them on the same sequencer

only dude there is a number of problems that can be happening here. could be your computer is low end and doesn't have enough ram to support all that going on at once or.......it could be your soundcard/interface buffer is getting in the way

Back