FL Studio has run its course...

distortedrumble

all up in yo grill!
as far as software goes..i know the next step up is reason

but for a pad, should i go with the Akai mpd or the m-audio triggerfinger? or is there not enough of a difference to matter?

distortedrumble said:
as far as software goes..i know the next step up is reason

Really? I went the other way..been using Reason for 4 years and changed to FL Studio 5 (for the VST and Audio) and have written 4 hip-hop tracks for a friend using it (recorded the vocal tracks through it too)...I tried the demo for Reason 3 but still didnt like the sound..too dry and dull for my taste even with the new mastering suite...

LOL ok let me clarify.....fl studio 4.1. havent upgraded anything because i didnt want to spend anymore money......i dont want to turn this into a reason vs flstudio but the impression i got was that reason was better. but what about the pads?

and a little added note was that i tried the first reason and i didnt understand it...it wanted to make a couple of loops...now i'm trying to branch out a bit

distortedrumble said:
LOL ok let me clarify.....fl studio 4.1. havent upgraded anything because i didnt want to spend anymore money......i dont want to turn this into a reason vs flstudio but the impression i got was that reason was better. but what about the pads?

I see!..
I havent used FL 4.1 so i cant compare..as for the pads I cant help you there sorry..Ive never used a drumpad..Im usually edit my drums direct into a sequencer...

distortedrumble said:
and a little added note was that i tried the first reason and i didnt understand it...it wanted to make a couple of loops...now i'm trying to branch out a bit

yeah reason has improved a lot since the first one...if i didnt want to use VST or record audio then i would still be using it for sure...of course it will get better too as time goes by just like lots of software...digital audio tech is still just a baby!! ;)

Reason has it as far as recording but Fl studio 5 has goti t on lock as far as looping/beatmaking

Back