Filters

DEADLY

I have recently got into producing and am currently working on a track with a vocal sample. Unfortunately the vocal sample has clapping and quite percussion in the background. Do you know of any way to remove this through filters and other effects?

If you have a computer use a software program and try a low pass filter and move through its possibilities. If you have filters on your hardware sampler try that too. Take some chances. But first, remember to save the original sample and make a backup copy. Then try any and everything you can until you are satisfied.

homershines

for phat drum sounds & samples
contact me at homershines@yahoo.c-o-m

Best I've found is to 10 band EQ (or better) out everything outside the frequency range and just leave it at that. Once you get all the other elements into a track those extra noises just seem to find a place in the rhytm of the song. It's just more important to capture the bulk of the element that you want. I know some cats are like filter pimps and can work a sample down by the note and setup a filter like a new synth design but I found it easiest to just eq them bitches and make it sounds good as can with 10 bands.

To remove certain audio portions of a particular song, I use an Intelligate that has both a lo & hi pass filter in conjuction with a Aphex para eq (certain graph eq's cannot be tuned to a particular freq'y for boost/cut due to low incremental values or steps).
Upon determining the desired audio signal freq'y which I'm looking to eliminate, say a synth run at 20khz, I slap on the hi-pass filter in that range , then utilize the para to fine tune the cut while boosting any other signal in that particular range that might also be affected via the cut.

Back