Expanding business. New site in the works for forum.

BeatsBuY

Well FAM, we been real busy with getting this new site up and running. I know we were talking about making a site for this forum, but I went and made it where you can post beats and add a profile. It's still in beta stage 1 and I'm still tweaking it. But, any input would be great. It was a lot of work.. Since this was to be a group effort here I think we all can give input and get it working real nice. I have the main stuff done.

Feel free to make a profile and post all your good stuff. It's all good.

Also, for you Myspace folks, when you add beats, a MP3 player is updated and you can post it on your site. Right now I have it where you can upload 10 beats, but I'm going to make it where you can add more. You don't have to sell beats, just don't add a price and you have a list. You just copy and past the mp3 code from your profile page. pretty neat and useful. :D

Check it out

Who ever wants to help out and run their part PM me.

Anyone know about server firewalls? I'm trying to fix this IPN PayPal thing.

You also might want to add a couple of set contracts that can be selectable during the checkout process (that obviously effects prices) that sellers can bind buyers to certain agreements, dependent on the seller.

Change of POETS said:
What about for artists? I don't sell the beats I make, I use them...lol..

There are 2 types of membership attached. So, I could modify the buyers account to an artist account also. Let me look into that.

Mindset said:
You also might want to add a couple of set contracts that can be selectable during the checkout process (that obviously effects prices) that sellers can bind buyers to certain agreements, dependent on the seller.

Ya. That's a good idea.

I joined...but I keep getting an error when I try to upload a hifi version of a beat:

getMediaFile() unable to determine the bitrate of the HIFI song file 0

I've tried like 50 times...

Physical Ill said:
I joined...but I keep getting an error when I try to upload a hifi version of a beat:

getMediaFile() unable to determine the bitrate of the HIFI song file 0

I've tried like 50 times...

Sorry you had problem with the upload, I just uploaded a test beat and it worked. Only upload mp3 and follow the bit rates for the upload and VAULT for sale.

It still does it...and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong. This is the only site I have trouble uploading HiFi versions to.

ummm. I don't know why. When I go into admin and try to update the beat with your file, it gives the error. But, when I bring it into I-Tunes and reformat it as an mp3. No problem and it loads fine.

I'll just admin it for you for now and update your Hi-Fi files for you when you upload.

PM me and tell me what program you used to make the mp3 and walk through it. Then I can see what's up and add it to the FAQ.

Last edited:
I think that's the issue cause everyone else seems to upload OK.

Physical Ill try I-Tunes. It works for me.

I also added the option to post exclusive and non-exclusive in the upload form.

That's what beta testing is good. We'll get all the bugs out.

Good looks. Your beats loaded up OK. Also, remember you have to add your high res file to the "VAULT" at the bottom of the beat form (This is the file the buyer will download). Or you'll just see "no price" listed yet. But, you can leave it like that if you just want to list beats and not sale.

BeatsBuY said:
Good looks. Your beats loaded up OK. Also, remember you have to add your high res file to the "VAULT" at the bottom of the beat form (This is the file the buyer will download). Or you'll just see "no price" listed yet. But, you can leave it like that if you just want to list beats and not sale.

I didn't know that, I wasn't sure what the Vault was for, so I left it blank.

I will get them uploaded correctly when I get a chance, thats just two, for test, I have about 20 more I want up there.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity, mad props.

--Re-Lapse :D

Post your beta test comments and any features you think would help. I was thinking of adding a link in the control pannel where it opens this forum to better integrate.

Back