Excluding 2pac and Biggie....

1.nas
2.nas
3.kanye west

One day I'll be able to say myself after a few releases under my belt. :D

wow. Tpuac and Biggie were by no means the best lyricists.
and Kanye!?!?!?!?!?! thats insane. Kanye is horrible.

lil wayne is not all around a good rapper he's a game spitter but not a lyricist. + he cloned his style after jay-z. He's tight though. Out of the new school... kanye, cassidy, wayne, kweli all of those that came out within the last three years or thats like under 26 he is the best behind kanye. Kanye's all around better. But still it's difficult like asking who's better out of jerry rice and barry sanders....you can't compare. they don't play the same position. Same sport both offense diffrent positions.

Nobody feeling Eminem for great lyrical wordplay? What about some of the oldschool heads like KRS-One or Chuck D or Rakim?

thats a tough one...id have to say jay but its a toss up between him and eminem and nas...kweli is sick too.

ethos said:
wow. Tpuac and Biggie were by no means the best lyricists.
and Kanye!?!?!?!?!?! thats insane. Kanye is horrible.
How can you say he terrible. WOW!! who do you think is dope then????

pcp said:
thats a tough one...id have to say jay but its a toss up between him and eminem and nas...kweli is sick too.
I feel these choices ecept for kweli, I think he is tight but black thought would go in that spot better for me.

Benreturns said:
Nobody feeling Eminem for great lyrical wordplay? What about some of the oldschool heads like KRS-One or Chuck D or Rakim?
Dope for their time, actually really dope for their time but these young cats in the game are amazing. The old school just doesn't cut it for me when it comes to lyrical ability anymore.

Alphonso said:
I feel these choices ecept for kweli, I think he is tight but black thought would go in that spot better for me.

yea i dont know how i forgot him, hes very underrated....its hard for me to pick one favorite besides pac i put a lot of emcees on the same level.

Back