equipment sugestions

Originally posted by czar of bizarre
live rock or funk band who i NEVER see sequencing with an mpc.

Why are you even posting in a forum where we discuss modern dance music when you obviously know nothing about it and doesn't listen to that kind of music? I would be very surprised if a rock/funk band used an MPC at all. It's not made for them, it doesn't suit them. Why on earth would they do that?

however if it is sampled and being triggered from an mpc it isnt live. just my opinion. i hope you understand what im saying.

Yes, perfectly. But I think you are wrong. Samplers and sequenzers and synthesizers are just as "real" as any kind of instrument. But I don't expect you to understand that.

you misunderstand what i am saying. if i go through and put everything where it is supposed to be than i dont need to mute or turn a knob. its ok to be a knob freak :P

No I understand you perfectly. But I think your point of view is stupid. If I did that then l would really just be standing in front of the audience watching my sequences playing! And thats not exactly live, is it?

lol good come back. lack of knowledge on your part? your the same person who said go reel to reel instead of 24 track tape. 24 track 1 inch tape IS reel to reel so i think you should rethink that statement. :P

You are pretty dense, aren't you?
I told you that you could mix to a r2r, instead of copying the song track by track, and still get much of the same effect.

please name 5 acts in sweden or america who sequence live with an mpc?

Dr.Dre, Chemical Brothers, Metrodub, Protolab, ...
Ok, thats only four, but what the heck, thats not the point. The point is, that just because you don't see any rock and funk band using an MPC live doens't mean that hiphop/techno bands doesn't use them either.

i can name 5 acts in america who DONT use an mpc to sequence

I can name 5 acts that DON'T use steel guitar. Does that mean that steel guitars are useless, and no country bands use steel guitar? Of course not.
If you like what a steel guitar does, use a steel guitar. If an MPC does what you want, use an MPC. Does that mean that EVERYBODY need steel guitars and MPC's? Of course not. I would have thought this was obvious, but apparently not to everybody.

The way you make music means that an MPC is wrong for you. Fine. But get into your dense head that that doesn't mean that MPC's are wrong for everybody. It's not a particularily hard concept to understand that different people make music in different ways. Try to understand that.

I have a problem in communicating with some people. And that problem is that I assume that they, like me, know what they are talking about. And when it's clear that they don't know what they are talking about, but keep on blurting out crap, I get annoyed. I'm trying to get better on this and just ignore people who are babbling instead. Please bear with me if I fail in this and get annoyed instead.

ive actually worked with the Chemical Brothers. The MPC is a big thing in their rig. orbital have used an mpc when recording here too there's loads of hip hop using mpc's.

Czar,

I was reading your earlier post...

there are LOTS of people who sequence live on PC's. Moloko are a big dance band in the UK. When they play live, sometimes they even have the Cubase screen projected on a huge display behind them! ive seen Moby use a PC live, I KNOW the chem brothers have used pc's, loads of these new acts are actually using PC's.

id use an atari.....

never have timing problems:-)

man!!!!!! why all the hostility?????
regebro you said this:

"Why are you even posting in a forum where we discuss modern dance music when you obviously know nothing about it and doesn't listen to that kind of music? I would be very surprised if a rock/funk band used an MPC at all. It's not made for them, it doesn't suit them. Why on earth would they do that? "

however in my previous post i mentioned prince, michael jackson and snoop dog. IF THAT ISNT MODERN DANCE MUSIC WHAT IS???? LOL!!!!!! man you dont read.

you said this regebro:

"Yes, perfectly. But I think you are wrong. Samplers and sequenzers and synthesizers are just as "real" as any kind of instrument. But I don't expect you to understand that. "

yes they are just as "real" as any other machine. however if you are triggering a PIANO sample from the mpc is that piano being played by a person on the piano at that time in moment? is that person in front of the crowd playing live? in my opinion LIVE is when a person is actually playing THAT PART AT THAT TIME IN FRONT OF THE CROWD. not a sample or loop...i wouldnt expect you to know that either.

you said this:

"No I understand you perfectly. But I think your point of view is stupid. If I did that then l would really just be standing in front of the audience watching my sequences playing! And thats not exactly live, is it? "

if you think my point of view is stupid great!!!!! however i think trigering a sample from an mpc isnt LIVE. i think its just that...triggering a sample. to me thats not exactly live.

you said this:

"You are pretty dense, aren't you?
I told you that you could mix to a r2r, instead of copying the song track by track, and still get much of the same effect. "

you are illiterate arent you? I TOLD EVERYONE FROM THE START THAT I WANTED TO MULTITRACK AND NOT MIX ON A DAW. if im multitracking and processing the tracks, track by track from the reel that is a MAJOR difference than just "mixing" to the reel. case closed on that.

you said this:

"Dr.Dre, Chemical Brothers, Metrodub, Protolab, ...
Ok, thats only four, but what the heck, thats not the point. The point is, that just because you don't see any rock and funk band using an MPC live doens't mean that hiphop/techno bands doesn't use them either. "

i also mentioned snoop dog. snoop dog works with dre. i been to 2 dre/snoop concerts. i have NEVER SEEN THEM USE AN MPC LIVE!!!!!

you said this:

"If an MPC does what you want, use an MPC. Does that mean that EVERYBODY need steel guitars and MPC's? Of course not. I would have thought this was obvious, but apparently not to everybody. "

thats exactly what i have said from the start. if it works for you great. if not great. USE WHAT YOU NEED TO USE. OH I FORGOT YOUR ILLITERATE. you never read......

you said this:

"The way you make music means that an MPC is wrong for you. Fine. But get into your dense head that that doesn't mean that MPC's are wrong for everybody. It's not a particularily hard concept to understand that different people make music in different ways. Try to understand that."

if the mpc works for you GREAT. do what YOU need to do. i have said that in many forums. work YOUR SOUND. however you make music do it. thats on you. some people get drunk or loaded and make tracks. some people read books and make tracks some people just carry around a tape rec and brain storm. HOWEVER WHEN YOU FIRST MADE THE POST REGARING THE MPC YOU SAID NO GOOD SOFTWARE SEQUENCERS EXISTED. THE ONLY THING I DID WAS SHOW A LIL BIT OF SPECS AND COMPARE AN MPC SEQUENCER TO A PC SEQUENCER.............

you said this:

"I have a problem in communicating with some people. And that problem is that I assume that they, like me, know what they are talking about. And when it's clear that they don't know what they are talking about, but keep on blurting out crap, I get annoyed. I'm trying to get better on this and just ignore people who are babbling instead. Please bear with me if I fail in this and get annoyed instead. "

uh wasnt it CLEAR THAT I WANTED TO MULTITRACK INSTEAD OF MIXING ON A DAW? WASNT IT CRAP WHEN YOU BLURTED OUT WHAT YOU DID? LOL!!!!! YOUR GETTING ANNOYED? LOL MAN. IF THIS UPSETS YOU I IMAGINE THAT YOU ARE ON YOUR PERIOD 24/7 IN THE REAL WORLD.......TSK TSK....NOT GOOD MY FRIEND...NOT GOOD AT ALL.

LETS TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU SAID:

"Sequencer/sampler: MPC2000XL (I'm still lloking for good sequencer software, and let me tell you: There is none, so I still have an MPC in the top of my to-buy list.)"

WHEN YOU MADE THAT STAETEMENT YOU NEVER MADE IT CLEAR THAT IT WASNT GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!! WHAT YOU SAID IS THAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR A PC SEQUENCER AND NONE EXISTED. YOU DIDNT SAY WHAT FEATURES YOU WERE LOOKING FOR OR WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO. SO THAT BEING THE CASE. IF PEOPLE SEE THAT AND READ THAT THEY WILL FEEL THAT YOUR FULL OF CRAP. YOU MADE THAT STATEMENT THAT NO SOFTWARE SEQUENCER WAS GOOD. GREAT. SO I SAID PC SOFTWARE SEQUENCERS ARE GOOD. YOU GO ON TO TELL ME THAT IM NOT UNDERSTANDING YOU AND YOUR NEEDS........WAIT...YOU MADE THAT CRAZY STATEMENT AND NEVER MADE IT CLEAR WHY IT WASNT GOOD FOR "YOU" UNTIL LATER.....SO YOUR BEING HARSH ON SOFTWARE. LOL YOU NEED TO GET OFF THAT PERIOD BRO JUST RELAX AND HAVE A CREAM SODA. LETS GET BACK TO THE FORUM AND HELP THIS GUY OUT WITH HIS LIST OF EQUIPMENT.

long wave im not saying that they dont use a mpc to sequence live. im not saying they dont use cubase live. im saying I have never seen this. me. not you not regebro. me. i have been to many concerts especially rap/hip hop where they DONT use an mpc. when raekwon and krs 1 performed at the phoenix they DID NOT use an mpc. when i saw e40 perform at maritime he did NOT use an mpc. when i saw jay z at summer jam i did NOT see an mpc. im saying i have yet to see an MPC in a live performence . NEVER SEEN ONE IN A LIVE HIP HOP RAP PERFORMENCE......however im NOT saying it doesnt happen.......

be ez guys.....relax

czar

HOWEVER WHEN YOU FIRST MADE THE POST REGARING THE MPC YOU SAID NO GOOD SOFTWARE SEQUENCERS EXISTED.

Yup, and then you posted a list of sequencers, and I told you they don't work FOR WHAT I DO, and told you why.

if the mpc works for you GREAT. do what YOU need to do. i have said that in many forums.

1. Well, you haven't said it here, or in the other thread where I have discussed you. In fact, you have spent several posts here explaining why a PC sequencer always is better than an MPC.

2. So why the heck are you still arguing? If this is your oint of view (which it should be), AND you can read (well, you sure can't type. Sentences start with capital letters, you know) then you should have stopped then and there. Possibly adding a "oh, I see what you mean". But noooo....

Hint no1: If you don't disagree, stop arguing.

long wave im not saying that they dont use a mpc to sequence live

But, dude, thats EXACTLY what you are saying. REPEATEDLY.

Hint no2: If you realize you are wrong, say so. Don't just claim that you have said the opposite of what you in fact have said. It won't save your face, we can read, you know. You just look stupid.

And by the way, you are still wrong on everything else you say too.

Oh, and the hostility comes from the fact that you have a very degrading attitude against people who know more than you do. You are dense. You couldn't even understand why somebody wanted to mute a track or turn a knob live. Thats dense.

Now, I don't think that stupidity is a permanent afflication. If you just realize that you don't know everything about recording, and listen to people who maybe do know something about the things youj don't know anything about, instead of puking out a lot of bullshit about it, you can becaome smart too.

Last edited:
Czar,

you may not always be able to see sequencers on stage. i know lots of dance acts in the UK who have their mpc's tucked away behind a rack or whatever. i even know one band who keeps their sequencer off stage and any adjustments are done for them.

czar & regebro, c'mon, stop this never ending thread. we're all meant to get along here. the bottom line is, you use what you want, that's why we have options when it comes to sequencing. i personally think pro tools is bad for MIDI, but i know lots of people use it in that way. same with an MPC (llthough i dont have much bad things to say about the mpc).

Czar, are Catatonia big over there? in the UK, there's a big band called Catatonia, had loads of top tens. I SOLD their drummer an MPC. they may not use it onstage, but i know he uses it in the studio. chemical brothers have LOADS of gear. they dont take all of it out with them.

anyway, c'mon, just leave this bashing conversation!

Romesh
Long Wave Studio

I think the best way is a combination of pc, dedicated hardware, and pci based dsp. the thing is each way is a trade off, best to use each for its strength's.
I think regebro's suggestions for hardware are right on, heres some of my thoughts:

For software the most impressive thing I may have ever seen is reaktor. You seriously need to peep game here, its sooooooo tight. So many artists I respect now simply use laptops with software such as reaktor and max/msp.
With reaktor you can have your step sequencer, and perhaps the deepest synth options around, and use samples as well. It can also be used as vsti, so get a piping fast dual cpu pc and a soundcard with lotsa ins and outs. Maybe get a tc powercore, or pulsar xtc. Run your hardware into the computer and use the softwares mixer via a control surface. Have your soft synths in that environment and buy some control surfaces weather they be knob filled, or a tablet thingy. Rackmount the cpu case, and use a dual monitor card with those slim lcd screens, that will eliminate the clumsyness of it. Then run the mpc, a synth like the nord modular, or micro q in the cpu to mix your sound in quite complex and innovative ways. The computer is the hub, the mixer.This way with proper control surfaces soft synths, hard synths, plug ins, efx boxes and what ever else are laid out equally(sort of). Maybe a patchbay would help this as well, then it would be like one giant modular system of creation.

1. Well, you haven't said it here, or in the other thread where I have discussed you. In fact, you have spent several posts here explaining why a PC sequencer always is better than an MPC.

maybe you should read a couple of other forums. read the one about beat making and about those who dont use an mpc or trinity. read my friend read.

2. So why the heck are you still arguing? If this is your oint of view (which it should be), AND you can read (well, you sure can't type. Sentences start with capital letters, you know) then you should have stopped then and there. Possibly adding a "oh, I see what you mean". But noooo....

im not arguing bro and i said this in my previous post :

"LETS GET BACK TO THE FORUM AND HELP THIS GUY OUT WITH HIS LIST OF EQUIPMENT."

so can we do that or will you continue to make futile attempts to ridicule me?who cares if sentences start with capital letters? your an english major? you can type? IF SO YOU WOULD KNOW THAT YOU CANT START A SENTENCE WITH THE WORD "BUT" WHO SAID THIS?

But noooo....

DID YOU ALSO KNOW YOU CANT START A SENTENCE WITH "AND"? WHO SAID THIS?

And by the way, you are still wrong on everything else you say too.

LOL YOUR ENGLISH IS AS BAD AS MINE......HYPOCRITE!!!!!!

But, dude, thats EXACTLY what you are saying. REPEATEDLY.

no what i said was the hip hop acts I saw didnt use an mpc. if i made a claim saying that no one in the hip hop or dance music used an mpc to sequence please quote me on it. if not STOP LYING!!!!! oh btw you cant start a sentence with "but". i said this in my previous post:

"long wave im not saying that they dont use a mpc to sequence live. "

"im saying i have yet to see an MPC in a live performence . NEVER SEEN ONE IN A LIVE HIP HOP RAP PERFORMENCE......however im NOT saying it doesnt happen..."

so how did you come to the assement that i am repeatedlly saying something when i have just shown you (again) that it isnt the case? man YOU need to read more. maybe some cat in the hat books will suffice. its in b&w. i said I have NEVER seen an mpc used live. ME CZAR OF BIZARRE. im saying i havent seen and i also said that i am NOT saying that it doesnt happen.......read my boy read!!!!!!

Hint no2: If you realize you are wrong, say so. Don't just claim that you have said the opposite of what you in fact have said. It won't save your face, we can read, you know. You just look stupid.

so pointing out my grammer errors (assumed) and making one in the same paragraph doesnt make you look stupid? i choose to not cap my friend. did u choose 2 start your sentences with "and" and "but"? why are you accusing me of saying that no one uses an mpc live when i didnt say that doesnt make you look stupid??? i have stuck to my guns and i havent misquoted you or accused you of saying things you didnt....lets see if YOU can make that same claim.......some of us can read regebro.......i doubt you can.

Oh, and the hostility comes from the fact that you have a very degrading attitude against people who know more than you do. You are dense. You couldn't even understand why somebody wanted to mute a track or turn a knob live. Thats dense

you know more than me regebro? GREAT!!!! lol you want a cookie? ice cream sandwhich? how about a towell to soak up those period stains? hell your the same person who said i lacked proper grammer. your the same person who started a sentence with the word and. the same person who started a sentence with the word but.the same person who accused me of saying things i didnt.i also couldnt understand how triggering a sampled piano would be considered live. i also couldnt understand why someone who is playing live wants repitition.....man im dense???? lol someone is screwed up and has things twisted.

Now, I don't think that stupidity is a permanent afflication. If you just realize that you don't know everything about recording, and listen to people who maybe do know something about the things youj don't know anything about, instead of puking out a lot of bullshit about it, you can becaome smart too.

when in the hell did i say that i know everything about recording? LOL thats why im here DUNCE!!!!!! damn your stupid. if i knew everything about recording i wouldnt be here!!!! damn your a serious headcase. i should listen to you regebro? lol! i should listen to you telling me to mix onto reel? didnt i tell those on the forum that i WANTED to multitrack? YOU SHOULD LISTEN YOU HEADCASE. GO GET EXAMINED ASAP. if i listent to you my mix comes out sounding as RETARDED as you what will i have? BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!! why not multitrack it, mix it and fly it back in? if i listen to you im fucked for life!!!!!!! LOL. become smart regebro? YOUR SMART? YOU? SMART? LMAO.......you have been proven to be an idiot.lol,lmao!!!!!!! i cant wait for your comeback MR.ENGLISH!!!!!! do you know how to INDENT?

hey long wave im gonna take your advice. this regebro guy has just PROVEN without a shadow of doubt that he is a liar and hypocrite. i havent heard of that group you mentioned. however i will check into them.

czar

Czar,

yeah, have a look at Catatonia. They are a rock band, quite light. I cant think off the top of my head of the track we used the MPC on, but it's been used. I think Goldfish & Paracetamol was one track.

Their drummer got an MPC and he loves it. He's also got this Roland sampler/multitrack machine, Sp202 i think.

the website is probably www.catatonia.co.uk.

oh, fatboy slim uses an mpc aswell. check him out. a.k.a norman cook.

-Romesh
Long Wave Studio

Originally posted by czar of bizarre
maybe you should read a couple of other forums. read the one about beat making

This forum is the one about beat making. Duh....

"LETS GET BACK TO THE FORUM AND HELP THIS GUY OUT WITH HIS LIST OF EQUIPMENT."

so can we do that or will you continue to make futile attempts to ridicule me?

Since you obviously forgot, this debate came about from you having objections to my suggestion of an equipment list. Since you obviously still are arguing, I guess that means you still have objections, although you seem to have forgotten what those objections are.

My intentions with participating is this post was originally to help people. Thats why I posted my suggestions for equipment. For the same reason, I gave you a suggestion of an alternative way of making your song sound more analog.
Since you obviously do not want any help, or are uncapable of receiving help, I have stopped trying to help you. Instead I post here to make fun of you, which is very easy, since you do most of the work yourself. Yes, I will probably continue to do this as long as you continue to throw the easy pitches you do.

LOL YOUR ENGLISH IS AS BAD AS MINE......HYPOCRITE!!!!!!

If you like to think so, then, sure, sure, whatever. By the way, which country are your from, and which is your native tongue?

i said I have NEVER seen an mpc used live. ME CZAR OF BIZARRE. im saying i havent seen and i also said that i am NOT saying that it doesnt happen.......read my boy read!!!!!!

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were trying to say something relevant.

ME CZAR OF BIZARRE.

As long as you don't call me Jane, you can call yourself whatever you want. It's OK, I promise.

you know more than me regebro?

Well, if were are talking complete knowledge base, then without a doubt, yes. If we are talking recording (which I was) then probably not. However, I wasn't referring to me. I was referring to the pros here, like sonusman and Sjokom that have given you advice, to which you replied with bad behaviour. These both without a doubt know more than you do about recording. That much is completely obvious by now.

hell your the same person who said i lacked proper grammer.

No, I said you don't use capitals correctly. However, now that you mention it, yes, you do lack proper grammar, you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", and you can't punctuate either. Yes, it's spelled grammAr.

i also couldnt understand how triggering a sampled piano would be considered live. i also couldnt understand why someone who is playing live wants repitition.....man im dense????

Rarely does one see somebody asking a question after they have answered it. Unless it's Jeopardy, of course. :)

This forum is the one about beat making. Duh....

go and read the one about "do your beats stack up". also this is NOT my original name on this site. i have another name that i have used since 2000. however i 4got the password so i just made a new i.d. i hope i can find some of my posts in old forums. you would see what i mean.

Instead I post here to make fun of you, which is very easy, since you do most of the work yourself. Yes, I will probably continue to do this as long as you continue to throw the easy pitches you do.

your the same guy who pointed out my grammer or grammar(who gives a shit this isnt language.com) errors when you made several in the same paragraph. ok einstein.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were trying to say something relevant.

uh whats that????? mix to a what????? oh btw i like how i PROVED that you accused me of something i didnt.

Well, if were are talking complete knowledge base, then without a doubt, yes.

how do you come to this assesment?

I was referring to the pros here, like sonusman and Sjokom that have given you advice, to which you replied with bad behaviour. These both without a doubt know more than you do about recording.

for one only FAGGOTS mention other people for brownie points. for two i have RESPECT for sonusman. i have NEVER disrespected him and i have always thanked him for his knowledge and support. CAN YOU FIND ONE INCIDENT WHERE I WAS UNGRATEFUL TO SONUS? HELL NO!!!!!!

now that that bitch sjoko is another thins. the FAGGOT NEVER offered any advice to me. he just opened his asshole and spewed out the biggest pile of bullshit next to yours. can you show me any place on this or any forum where sjoko gave me advice that had to do with MUSIC? HELL NO!!!!!!! so why make a statement like that?

No, I said you don't use capitals correctly. However, now that you mention it, yes, you do lack proper grammar, you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", and you can't punctuate either. Yes, it's spelled grammAr.

you indent when you start every paragraph? how can you dare make a statement on somone elses typing when you start sentences with and. not to mention but. i like how you come with petty stuff. however it backfired.

Rarely does one see somebody asking a question after they have answered it. Unless it's Jeopardy, of course.

rarely do i MISQUOTE and accuse people of things that they didnt say. can you say the same thing??????? lol HELL NO!!!!!!

hey longwave im trying to stop with guy and i keep saying lets get back to the forum. he keeps coming with this dumb shit and i just have to reply........man i just might be as whack as he is. hey im gonna check that site out. thanx a million bro.

czar

Hehehe. You are a source of never ending joy. You should be on TV so the whole world can laugh at you.

Ah, well, I said it before, and I'll say it again: Only really stupid people try to insult others by accusing them of being gay.

i accused you of being gay????? lol. i said only fags mention others for brownie points. if you DIDNT mention anyone so you can get brownie points your not a fag. however if you DID mention someone to get points........well guess what????????? i called sjoko a fag. why are you so concerned with me calling him that? lol.hmmmmmm.very interesting.

now i have said it before and i will say it again. only fags mention others for brownie points.

Ah, well, I said it before, and I'll say it again: only really stupid people AND liars accuse people of things they didnt say and misquote them.

so lets prove if your a liar or if you misquote lets prove if your stupid or smart.

you accused me of saying that no one uses an mpc live. can you quote me on that? can you show me where i said that?

either your a liar or you misquote me. in any case your actually stupid for doing either of them.

once again lets put your stupidity to the test. lets see if you are a liar or if you misqoute. you said that sonus and sjoko have given me advice and i replied to both with bad behaviour.

can you show me one incident where i replied in a negative way with sonus???? can you show me one incident where sjoko provided me with ANY advice that had to do with recording? please quote me replying to sonus and quote sjoko giving me advice.

im coming with the stuff YOU say and accuse me of. you have a vivid imagination. why do you fabricate such things? why do you make statements that lack ANY shred of evidence to support your claim? so lets get REAL here. do you misquote or lie and accuse falsely? which is it? all insults and all b.s aside. you accused me of that stuff so PROVE IT! show it to me and the world so everyone can see it in black and white . BE A MAN AND STEP UP TO THE PLATE. YOU ACCUSE ME OF SOMETHING BRING IT ON AND BACK IT UP WITH FACTS. YOU ACCUSE ME OF SAYING SOMETHING QUOTE ME AND SHOW ME. IF NOT YOU LOOSE. IM CALLING YOU OUT NOW. IM PLACING YOU ON FRONT STREET. SHOW ME THAT I DID THE THINGS YOU ACCUSE ME OF......IF YOU CANT DO IT GUESS WHAT? YOUR LESS THAN A MAN.....

CZAR

On the matter of equipment suggestions...
1.Does anyone know how a kurzweil k2600 (no sampling)/Cubase combo stacks up against the likes of a korg Triton or mpc hip hop setup?

2.What about ASRX pro vs mpc?

3.Still worth it to get a sp1200? how much are they nowadays?

4.Where is a good place to get the 808/909 sounds, does the k2600/Triton have the ability to produce these, whatabout lowdown, hard hitting bass?

1. they are each different beasts, its hard to compare. Even comparing the kuzweil to the triton is difficult.the k2600 has sampling doesnt it?
2. Dont make me laugh, the mpc any day.
3.the sp1200 is way overpriced. If you want grungy lo fi samples pick up an emu emax for $50us somewhere. Id say the 1200 is unique, its $50 unique not $1,000. Get an mpc.
4.Something well suited to the drum sounds youd want is the novation drum station. Sure, you could use samples of the 909 and 808, but if your doing that kind of music and you were using samples for that it would be a friggin joke.

You may not want to spend all your dough on 1 piece of equipment. Get some analog sounds, some sequencing, and some sampling. The k2600 may be above what most hip hop producers go after.

If you want your shit to sound hella pro so you can charge people to use it and shit you should get the Mackie Digital 8 bus and protools. Don't get the MO Phat cause its sounds are way to overused. The triton is overused too but it's so tight that it don't matter. I recommend it a lot. I think the MPC is just as good though. I did my last few songs with a Triton and an MPC and they sounded real tight. The Kurzweil 2600 is better than the tritonand is very very common for hip hop producers (but only the good ones that got bread). JUST MAKE SURE YOU LAYER YOUR DRUM SOUNDS.

REGEBRO YOUR BITCH-MADE. YOU ACCUSE PEOPLE OF SHIT AND CANT BACK IT UP. WHATS WRONG? WHY CANT YOU DO IT? YOU TALK ALL THAT SHIT BUT IM TALKIN FACTS YOU CUNT. YOUR A BITCH A PUNK YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ONE.

lets do this regebro. ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE. IM SERIOUS AS HELL WITH THIS ALSO.

IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT I SAID THOSE THINGS YOU ACCUSE ME OF I WILL LEAVE THIS SITE AND NEVER POST AGAIN. I WILL HAVE DRAGON BLOCK MY ISP. IF YOU CAN PROVE I SAID THOSE THINGS I WILL SEND YOU MY XP60 WITH 4 SOUNDCARDS. IM NOT BULLSHITTING. IF YOU CANT DO IT. ALL I WANT YOU TO DO IS SAY I APOLOGIZE FOR MISQUOTING YOU AND ACCUSING YOU. LETS SEE IF YOU CAN BE A MAN

if you can do that cool. if you can apologize cool. im trying to end this confrontation with you. i have tried many places but you keep it going. so what will you do? step up for your actions? or what?

czar

Back