drum machines, odd time?

The TR-909 can do this, and I think the TR-707 can too. Also the ReBirth software can do any time signature. But I don't know of any current drum machines that can do this, although I'm sure they exist. I know I did a song in 7/8th with my MC-303, but I dont remember how. :)

Anyway, even with drum machines not having this you can fake it, by mixing patterns with different time signatures. It's a pain, but its possible.

thank you.
i love odd times.. bands like stereolab & tortoise.
i can't believe that no current drum machines do odd time.
well i can believe it actually. as if house music is the only
genre to use machines?!? it makes me mad, MAD i tell you.
do you know of any forums for drum machines?
I MUST HAVE ONE.
(rebirth is not much help when youre playing shows,
no laptop here)
rog

Oh, I dodn't say that no current machine does odd times. I said I don't KNOW of any that does...

The Roland R-8 series can do just about any time you can think of.... I know it's an older model, but I'm not familiar with any current models. (I just assume everyone has a computer-based sequencer, or something.) Anyway, my old band covered "Witch Hunt" by Rush several years ago... took me all day to program it, and several hours of tweaking when the band arrived to get it right. But we got it right!

I've got the drums down for a 5/8 song, and am working on a couple of 4/4 songs with 3/4 choruses. Never had any problems with time signatures. Only problem is, RAM cards are really hard to come by, and ones with sounds on them are even worse. And having backups is crucial.

Just something to chew on....

Back