Drum, Drum, Drum, Drum... DRUMS

NickSpringfield

I'm lookin' to re-up my drum sample library. Any particular places I should look? Any good sample discs out there worth the money?

Thanks,
-Springfield

you should look for a big library called "old records"...they kinda look like big black CDs with a smaller hole.

Yeah, your hilarious. Ok, let me rephrase my question. Does anyone know of any CD drum sample libraries that are worth buying? I was considering getting a bundle from BanginBeats.com. Has anyone here dealt with them in the past?

Thanks,

-Springfield

not hilarious, just giving you some pointers.

come on man, do your own, put in some effort, don't be a off-the-shelf muthafucka.

It'll be good to ya.

I don't know what it is man, but it seems quite a few (American) cats handle shit the way you do..buying pre-fab shit and what not.

Where's the cratedigging, hip hop producer mentality man?

WHY do you want to buy a CD with 2500 ready-made, edited, fattened up drum sounds? Where's the creativity in that? Are you allergic to dust? Work?
WHY?

Do whatever you like though, this is just my opinion.

Well, right now it's the only option unless I start sampling from MP3's. I don't have turntables or I'd definitely be doing that. I'm trying to buy an older turntable from my boy, but he keeps holding off. So, instead of using the few hundred samples I've been using for a few years and EQing them to death in every direction so that they don't sound the same, I'd just like to get a few discs maybe so I can see what I can come up with.

I don't just get a ready made drum sound and lay it on top of a sample. I do the work as much as I'm capable of doing, but I'm looking for something new. Once I get a turntable I'll be able to run in that direction.

-Springfield

yo

nick i got your back man. i do a lot of sampling for drum sounds but it's just not for everybody. i have some kits that i can share with you. as a matter of fact PM me your address.

Jug I'd be game for any new kits you have too. I have many but what's a few more. :) Good to see ya homie.

You might not think it's worth to buy them after you've bought them...Just get some samples from all over the place, if you can't sample it your self that is. Mount them together to what you want. Chances are that even if you do buy some samples you're gonna layer them anyways, so why let them rip you off?

Back