Do you support other "underground artists

Just like everyone else, I mainly support music I like. I will buy your underground release without hearin' it if I've met you and your cool with me. I think I'd buy anyone's release that posts on this board as long as they'd return the favor. Like it's been said, underground releases are usualy cheap and mostly like nothing that's on the radio for the most part. Although I never listen to the radio, I watch MTV sometimes late at night.

As for major releases, if I've dug the artists music in the past, I usually go right out on release day and pick it up. On a heavy release month I might spend a hundred dollars or so on new music. But if I've been disappointed in the past by an artist, I usually like to hear it first from a friend or whatever. It's hard to download too much with my shitty 56k connection. I try not to buy anything new when I'm workin' on my own shit though, cuz it lingers in my head and I unconsciously copy the style.

-Springfield

NickSpringfield said:
Just like everyone else, I mainly support music I like. I will buy your underground release without hearin' it if I've met you and your cool with me. I think I'd buy anyone's release that posts on this board as long as they'd return the favor. Like it's been said, underground releases are usualy cheap and mostly like nothing that's on the radio for the most part. Although I never listen to the radio, I watch MTV sometimes late at night.

As for major releases, if I've dug the artists music in the past, I usually go right out on release day and pick it up. On a heavy release month I might spend a hundred dollars or so on new music. But if I've been disappointed in the past by an artist, I usually like to hear it first from a friend or whatever. It's hard to download too much with my shitty 56k connection. I try not to buy anything new when I'm workin' on my own shit though, cuz it lingers in my head and I unconsciously copy the style.

-Springfield

That's why I try not to buy new stuff a lot of listen to the radio frequently. If I do it right before I make a beat, I usually unconsciously. I remember making a beat late at night only to hear it a few days later and see parts of an Eminem beat in it I heard on the radio earlier that day. Normally, I would have just took it out, but it was sooooo obvious that it was, I just decided to scrap it all except the drum track and start over...eventually.

Back