Dj Premier-type Beat

RafagasMusic said:
so far, people are calling this my best beat ever but i dont know you guys decide..and PLEASE someone please help me on actually selling them any real tips you guys have i know there are better ways than myspace and soundclick..PEEP..leave some feed

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=673622&songID=5258739

Well obviously, it's repetitive. It's good to listen to for a bit, but there is no progression. You have to make something happen during the song.

people are saying it's your best beat cuz it's actual music being arranged and not lil synthy toy sounds being arranged......now my first impressions of this beat were good and i thought this beat was gonna be a monster especially when the drum break came, but the melody always stayed the same and that lil chime always stayed the same. you need to sample a little more of that record and put it in there for a chorus and bridge to give the beat depth instead of hearing this constant loop. basically this sounds to me like you got a dope sample some dope drums and shit but u made the loop and called it a beat......you rushed it player and should go back and finish the job before you worry about selling beats. just my 2 cents

Sounded good but its missin the head nod, mess aorund with teh swing, drum patterns, chop smaller, stretch longer, add fx, think baout progression, mess with the hi hat pattern, kick sequences and all dats tuff, sounds like a good start, just keep at it. Deifnately like this better than all that mainstreem all same sounding stuff.

Back