Detroit Style of Hip Hop

Unfortunately it does.

It's usually the Acid-Rap style of Esham, ICP, Twizted, etc... Doing shows around the city, I'm usually performing on the same bill as a bunch of these clones with no originality, and no real talent.

It really pisses me off, that one of the better cats who could blow in the mainstream (trick-trick) still gets no love in his own city. The Hip-Hop scene in Detroit is cut-throat, and no one wants to help anyone get further. Crabs in a bucket...

Change of POETS said:
Unfortunately it does.

It's usually the Acid-Rap style of Esham, ICP, Twizted, etc... Doing shows around the city, I'm usually performing on the same bill as a bunch of these clones with no originality, and no real talent.

It really pisses me off, that one of the better cats who could blow in the mainstream (trick-trick) still gets no love in his own city. The Hip-Hop scene in Detroit is cut-throat, and no one wants to help anyone get further. Crabs in a bucket...
I noticed that about nobody stcking together.I wanna change all that or at least be a part of it.Lot of wack stuff and alot of clones with the same kinds of beats.I'm trying to be versatile with mine so one day I can put my stamp on Detroit Hip Hop.Its getting better though.

Why just Detroit hip hop? Why not HIP-HOP in general? If the crabs in a barrell theory is correct, Why cater to those damn crabs?

Back