Cpu Problemos

Noddy301

Young ~N~ ReAdy
I know I have cpu literate fam in here...Ok heres the deal...I cant empty my recycle bin...I tried right clicking it, that didnt work...I even tried downloading a couple of .exe's / programs just to specifically empty my bin, however it keeps saying ERROR cannot read disk or read file or something like that. If youre wondering why Im kurking out its because this bin consist of about 1.5 GIGs of unwanted ish...and it wont even let me explore my bin by opening it up, instead it just turns my cpu screen black...wtf???...is the problem deeper? does it go to virtual memory or something?....HELP please:o

sounds like you gotta nasty one my friend. thats why i use mac, peep the avatar. anyhow. run the virus scan and spy sweep it. then restart it and try and empty ya box. I haven't troubleshot for PC in about a year, been troubleshootin macs. but if no one here can help you, I'll consult my PC guru. he'll know what to do.

If that doesn't work, you may want to invest in a usb hard drive or a dvd burnerr and back up what you can. Sounds like you got a nasty virus on your hands.

Also you may want to scan your drive on trendmicro.com it's a free online scan. If it finds anything, google the virus description and hope it finds a fix for you.

If you have any antivirus software, I'd suggest using it now.

I F**KING (sorry for cursing:p) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!:D A lil man got 3.1 Gigs of space cleared up!

I'd run these programs as well, to get rid of any viruses, spyware, etc. To my knowledge its the best free stuff you can get.

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Spybot
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10122137.html

And this if you don't currently have a virus scan program
http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10703202.html?tag=lst-0-1

hope this helps

i run exactly all three of those and they are all pretty kick ass. haven't had any problems with the computer since running with them.

Yucky Yuck...W/AVG I just found out that I had the trojan horse located in alot of .dll files!!! But its gone now...thanx for all the help mi familia

Last edited:
Glad you were able to use the progs and recover...thought it may have been past that point.

What happens when you're pc won't even boot because of a virus? I have one sitting downstairs with some plug ins and other samples I had from back in the day and really don't want to lose. I had stopped using it, and starting using it for web surfing etc....My son put a virus on it and it won't even boot up. When I turn it on, there are a whole gang of numbers.......It's been like that for over a year! I only think of it, when I wish I had something that is stored on there!

What happens when you're pc won't even boot because of a virus? I have one sitting downstairs with some plug ins and other samples I had from back in the day and really don't want to lose. I had stopped using it, and starting using it for web surfing etc....My son put a virus on it and it won't even boot up. When I turn it on, there are a whole gang of numbers.......It's been like that for over a year! I only think of it, when I wish I had something that is stored on there!

TO fix this, you have to beat your son severely. It won't get back your samples, but it'll teach him to never do that again. ;)

TO fix this, you have to beat your son severely. It won't get back your samples, but it'll teach him to never do that again. ;)

That's encouraging Change.......................:D

So when it's time for me to post my bond, what's your number again?

LOL

I have already kinda wrote recovery of my stuff off! I had Reason 1 and 2 on there too. But I have Reason 3 on my laptop and I still have the disc as well. And about 5,000 songs on itunes......And my ipod just broke as well!!!!!

Oh well, LIFE GOES ON!!!

Have you tried booting in safe mode?

You could try booting in last known good configuration (if possible) If you're running an older version of Windows like 98 or 98SE you can run scanreg /restore on it and it does the same thing as system recovery on XP.

You could try booting in last known good configuration (if possible) If you're running an older version of Windows like 98 or 98SE you can run scanreg /restore on it and it does the same thing as system recovery on XP.

I have xp on it Fiev, but I'll do some messing around in a few. I am hooking it back up to a monitor as I speak!

So how did it go uncle Trump??? Also may I add my cpu had about 2 gigs worth of viruses:eek:...no more p*rn sites for me lol...no wait.. I have CCLEANER:D Here I come Cherokee D'Ass lol

Back