Collaborations II

questien

Why dont we start another round of collaborations for those who missed it the first time....
While we wait on Team 2 to drop...

Crossed Up...

Yo, if you can find 2 other people to make a team and can get something done pretty soon (ie. not too long after team 2 drop, if we ever do) then why don't you become team 3.

We are going to hold the collaborations and remix comps on a regular basis now so no one is really going to miss out, there will always be next time.

But by all means become team 3.

btw I have a really cool concept for the next BIG collab.

ALRIGHT WEVE GOT 2 PEOPLE
All We Need Is A Third...

Come on people you know you wanna collab

questien-Vocals, Little Production, Mixing...
Stray-Mixing, Production
????-THIS COULD BE YOU

ALRIGHT

I already posted my email and everything...
Ill be on all day for the next few...

AGAIN
I can do vocals, a little production, and whatever else...

First we decide who's gonna do which part of the song...
I like drums so i volunteer for that...
Then ill send it to whoever to do the melody and any other part
The the last person will contribute whatever they feel the track needs...
Then When the beat is done whoever's gonna rap will lay theyre verse down...

We need to collectivley come up with a hook...
Also the beat is supposed to be 93bpm...

Beat has to be 93 BPM and the subject matter is your hunger to spit.

It's up to you toorganize howyou're going to do it, but at basics you could have one person doing drums, one doing melody and one doing bass. Then you could have everyone who wants to do a verse do a verse and then work together on the hook. And then send it off to one member for final mixing/mastering and maybe to shove some change-ups in.

Of course thats just an idea, but I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I would advise to use a messenger of some sort though.

Good luck.

Damn this was buried on the 2nd page, rash of activity around here lately.

I missed out on most of the collabo conversations, but is there a reason we're sticking to the same tempo/subject matter as the first set of collabos? IMHO, I think it would be more interesting to hear a variety of different topics and styles.

I have no problem with the current set-up, but to keep things fresh and interesting why not open collaborations to any tempo, any topic, any # of members? Just a thought.

BTW, I'm working on setting up a new machine. When I'm finished I'll get Messenger set up so we can discuss this real time.

Stray

If this is the Case^

Then put me down as an added member to team 3...if not well then u sleep u weep. I haven't been on much lately fellas but i've been keepin up wit reading the forum...Holla back

Peace Love Respect,

Ya boy Kevlar

stray411 said:
I have no problem with the current set-up, but to keep things fresh and interesting why not open collaborations to any tempo, any topic, any # of members? Just a thought.

That was kinda the point of it, everyone had the same task and then it was all down to skill. However seeing as ur not rapping you could be half a man and kevlar could be the other. You would not do any rapping and kevlar would do no production.

I think that's fair. The set-up and task, etc. willl be different each collabo so no worries.

I'm gonna have to hold off on Messenger for a minute, building my machine is taking longer than expected. Anyways, I'm ready to get this going. Where do you fellas want to start?

Stray

So as it stands now

Team three is: Questien,BarrageNp,Stray 411, and me the kid kevlar. So in response to your question stray i would say we figure out who is goiing to do what...because i'm not in any of the production. So as it stands now Questien is doing the drums now it's between Stray and Barrage to figure out who is going to do the melody / bassline etc... Just keep up on this one and also abyyss I haven't forgot about our little collab and i got the next two days off so i'm putting the finishing touches on my verse...
(i changed alot of stuff) so i'll hit you off with that in a lil bit..

Peace Love Respect,

Ya boy Kevlar

Cool.

YoungPoke looks like you just missed out this time, but don't worry - these are going to be anual now so there's always next time.

Alright, I'm not too choosy so Barrage you take your pick. Either way I personally always start with the melody and then build from there. If you fellas wanna do it another way, though I'm fine with that.

So are we staying with the 93/Hunger situation or are we doing something different? Either way is fine by me, just want to know so I can start putting together some ideas.

Also (maybe some of the members from the 1st two collabos can chime in here), when I think of a melody, bass or drum line I think of 4, 8 or 16 bar pattern, I don't think in the context of a whole song. So I'm wondering, are we basically just going to be working with loops are do we sequence the whole track out for each instrument?

And, are we dealing with MIDI or Audio files? Sorry for all the ???, but I've never did a collabo on a beat before.

Stray

Go with the 93/hunger/etc.

We started with the drums and then built up. I think it's best if you don't do the melody and the bass at the same time so that they will go together and you can make sure you're in the right key. Or you could just agree on a key or whatever you want.

What we did was have 4 bars for the chorus which is repeated to make a 20 second hook. And 4 bars for the main beat. Then we had that 4 times for every verse. We then had the basic beat, we wrote our rhymes, etc. and recorded our vocals. Then we added an intro and outro, mixed it up and maybe added some change ups (one person could do intro and one could do the outro and another could do the final mixing/mastering).

Hope that helps.

Back