Collaborations II

stray411 said:
Alright, I've got like 4 melody/progressions done, but I can't transfer them until I get the Hum Eliminator I ordered last week. It was supposed to be here Thurs., but I'm still waiting.

So it may be a little longer than Mon. or Tues., but will be the first thing I do when UPS gets here. I'll keep you posted.

Stray

Did you get it yet?
Just Checking...
Late

Here you go fellas. 4 sets of loops. I'm not really sure what kind of feel we wanna go with so if these aren't where you're looking to go, just let me know.

I'll come up with a bunch of different variations of which ever one we go with and separate and properly mix the tracks.

I guess Questien gets the tracks next so, pick one and I'll get it finished and send the CD.

BTW, no I still haven't got the Hum Elims. I guess they were on backorder, but I'm told they should ship this week. I won't need them to get this finished up, though.

Stray

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/perpetualproductionsmusic.htm

Yo i'm feelin the loops stray

man..i dunno i like 4 alot and 2 is cool but since ya'll are all ready
riding with two i'm gonna say 4 it just stuck out to me more ...
we'll see what barrage has to say...but i'm def lookin foward to getting this thing moving.. peace

Peace Love Respect,

Ya Boy Kevlar

With Stray on ya team ya can't lose

I kno it's none of my buisness but:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN

Can't say anything else.

Props to u stray, we are so gonna hav 2 collab sumtime.

song 2 is missing on your page. I like 1 outta he ones still up..

1 sounds real nice.

also, lets move this shit up, set deadlines and shit cuz this is takin way to long.

So who is doin what now, I know I could make some nasty ass drums for 1, but if its up to u guys, and I don't know now who is doin what.

Abyyss, thanks man. Just say the word on the collabo.

I took Song 2 down and was about to upload a new version, but Soundclick had some sort of problem with their server or something last night. I'll try again in a few hours.

Also, I gotta apologize that this took so long. I had the tracks done a while ago, but some other things kind of came up. I'm down for setting deadlines, but keep in mind life interferes sometimes.

If we can't come to a consensus we'll have to go with 2nd votes. My 2nd pick would be #1.

Stray

yo stray

you don't have to go through all the trouble man..like i said i liked track 2 but 4 stuck out to me more but if my team is riding with 2 then i'm riding with 2 don't waste your time going through the trouble of having a debate over it man..i'm not in a rush but it seems other cat's are losing interest.. i would think after they heard your loops they would feel differently? but who knows i'm going with number 2 on this one...let's keep it poppin peace

Peace Love Respect,

Ya Boy kevlar

Kevlar, as long as you can work with 2 than cool. We need to hear back from Barrage to see what he thinks.

Like Barrage said we need to get this in order.

Who is doing drums? (I thought Questien, but I'm not exactly sure)

Who is doing bass?

Who is doing the final mix on the beat? On the song?

Then we should talk about the arrangement.
- We'll probably be doing 3 verses right? Each 16 bars?
- Do we want hooks only or bridges/prechoruses too?

I need to know some of these things so I can get things finished up on my end. It would also be nice to all be on the same page.

Stray

I'm down to do any part. I just wana get this done, to see what we can do over the internet, and get some verses over the beat. soon as questien checks in to let us know if he is gonna do the drums and whhen they will be done, we can go from there.

Which melody is it?

questien said:
On second thought, If I could get the whole song i could just do the drums then send on the next person...

Exactly the position I'm in right now. I don't know what the arrangement of the song will be so I can't turn my loops/variations into a complete song. We need to discuss the arrangement. I'm not rapping on it so it's really not up to me.

Barrage, it looks like we're going with Song #2. You can check it out at my Nowhere site (the link is above). Since Questien is doing drums you would be doing bass. Is that alright with you?

Questien, are you talking about doing the final mix of the beat or the song? I was kind of hoping to do the final mix of the song if that's cool with everybody.

Stray

Are far as scheduling goes, as soon as I get the info on the arrangement I can get everything finished up and uploaded by Sunday. After that:

1. Stray finishes melodic/harmonic elements and uploads either looped sections or entire audio track. Will be MP3

2. Questien takes Stray's tracks and adds drumline. Then uploads looped sections or entire audio track of drumline. Will be MP3

3. Barrage takes Questien's and Stray's tracks and adds bassline. Then uploads looped sections or entire audio track of bassline. Will be MP3

4. Whoever is doing the mixdown on the beat takes all elements and mixes them. Uploads finished mix. Will be MP3

5. Vocalists take the beat mix and write verses/hook. Then record verses/hook. Collaborating on the hook if necessary. Upload if necessary for other member reviews.

6. Everybody sends their highest quality versions of their loops, verses, hooks to whoever will be doing the final mixdown. This will be WAV

How does that sound to everybody? Let's get this situated ASAP.

Stray

Back