Collaborations II

I think each instrument or instrument group should be a loop.

like If I did the drums, i'd make either a 4 or 8 bar loop, then u would add your part on the loop, and either mix the 2 loops together, or keep them seperate while still having just small loops(smaller files). 1 for drums and 1 for 1 melody, then 1 loop for bass and then at the end stretch them into a song, by adding breaks and intro, and then doin vox.

questien, have the drums done soon, or leave a message sayin u want me to do them, so we can kick this off.

audio files.

lemme Bump this

We atleast gotta keep this trend up neer the top so we can get shit movin wit the collab fellas...I really can't do anything untill i get a beat an we discuss who is goin where on the track an such.
But for those on my squad who have Aol IM hit me up i'm on at night mostly ...s/n KillaKevlar27

Peace Love Respect,

Ya Boy Kevlar

What software/methods do you use to arrange your tracks?

If anyone with logic 5.2 or Acid 4.0 or similar is interested in jamin round with me than plz respond.

Sorry fellas I've been offline for a little over a week now. I'm still not back fully, but I wanted to touch base on the collabo. Last I heard Questien had made some drum tracks. Where are we at with it now?

I still don't have any Messenger services, but you can PM me or post back here.

Stray

i've picked up questiens qroove and try to do some simple piano/guitar riffs and licks.
I hope i'm rdy in about 2 days or so, because i have much to do in my company.

@questien: Is it possible to get the midi file + the time marks where to set the loops?

txs,
mark

Barrage, Why? If you're stuck I can start developing from the drum tracks Questien posted. Let me know.

Struberg, unfortunately we already have a team set up. If one of the members decides to bow out, we'd be more than happy to have you though. There are other people looking to collaborate, try posting a new thread to get a new team together. Or you can work on one of the remixes. Read the collabo threads and see how it all works.

Stray

I'm patiently waitin

Well,

Just wanted to let my fellow team members know i'm still down with the collabo joint. Don't get discouraged yet Barrange it's early we're gonna get this thing moving...as soon as ya'll get something i can write to done just hit me off either by PM
or email or whatever... Also if theres any input i can give or help ya'll wit just give me a holla cuz i'm illin an willin. with that said .

Aol Sn Killakevlar27
Yahoo Im djdice5
email djdice5@yahoo.com

Peace Love Respect,

Ya Boy Kevlar

I can do melody, the reason for the issues is this topic kept gettin pushed to page 2, I'll do the meoldy no prob. its hard to see if people still showin interest.

I see what you mean. We just need to hear from Questien to make sure we're all on the same page.

I know a Messenger service would be more convenient, but for now, just post any new developments here and PM each member. I think maybe that will help.

I will set up Messenger soon, just can't have it on my audio only machine.

Stray

I really do my drums last when i make a beat so if i can get like a 4 bar loop of a melody or whatever, Then its on...

yahoo messenger: cwillray
AOL: cwillray

It looks like we need to get organized here. Let's first determine who is going to do what. Right now that doesn't seem too clear.

I never start with drums either so unless Barrage likes to work that way I do not think we should start with drums. We should start with a melody or progression, then bassline, then drums, then extras IMO .

Quetien wants to do the drums. I can upload some melodies/progressions by the beginning of next week. But, like I said before, I'm down to do the bassline if Barrage wants the lead.

Let's get this figured out ASAP.

Stray

questien did upload the drums, on the other page and I tryed, but I didn't get any inspiration from those drums, I was creatively contispated. I sat and I tryed. so if someone else wants to do the melody, go for it.

do any melody you feel and i will do a whole new set of drums to match those....
I work off the baseline and melody.

!Gotta Keep Working!

Alright that's what we'll do. I'll get a few different progressions/melodies built and upload them to Soundclick Mon or Tues of next week.

Stray

Alright, I've got like 4 melody/progressions done, but I can't transfer them until I get the Hum Eliminator I ordered last week. It was supposed to be here Thurs., but I'm still waiting.

So it may be a little longer than Mon. or Tues., but will be the first thing I do when UPS gets here. I'll keep you posted.

Stray

Back