Colab!!!

Hi D Ho Man, I think it was you who posted a beat back around the same time thoe initial threads were created and I loved it. Don't remember what the name of it was, but I remember you saying that you refused to leave the studio until the beat was done or something. No clue how I remember that, but I loved that beat if it was, in fact, you who made it. Any idea what I'm talkin' about?

-Springfield

Yo Im down for mixing the collabo. I do beats to and rap but I would love to show off some of my mixing skillz. I got Sonar and bout to buy cubase this week so ill have that under my belt. If we all uses omf then it will be compatable with Sonar, Cubase, Logic etc... hit me up on aim or yahoo

I'm in and here are my beats tracks

Here are my beats. It took me about an hour. I did it in Reason 3 and mixed it down in Acid. Compressed in SF7.0

I did it a little different. Instead of 8 bar intro, 8 bar hook, 16 bar verse, 8 bar hook 16 bar verse, 16 bar interlude(bridge) and hook, 16 bar verse, 16 bar hook and outro.

i did it 4 bar intro, 4 bar hook, 8 bar verse, 4 bar hook 8 bar verse, 8 bar interlude(bridge) and hook, 8 bar verse, 8 bar hook and outro

because, it's an 82bpm beat and 16 was too long and got repetitive.

Anyway, this track reminds me of a mix of beastie boys and snoop.
Let me know if you guys want to work this or not.

Please post any opinions or suggestions too.

file is here:
RJ beat tracks1

Ray

I would like to have all submmitals for beats by the end of the day tommorow 07/16/05 so we can keep the ball rolling on this project.

Man I have a whole song to ya beat its a old song but it matches it perfectly. Track is hot. I'm looking forward to the rest of the entries. The track was hot.

Anyone else getting in on this?

I can hook us all up with a deticated server with , upload, email, ftp, chat and calendar so we can get this done. I have 5 servers running 50 sites so it's no problem getting people some space to work with. I think 1 gig of space will do it. Who else is in? Do you guys want me to submit another beat track?

Doesn't look like we're gonna get a big contest like last time with tons of participants, but yeah, post beats everyone. We can gather a few people and chose which one we all agree on and just do our thing. No deadline, so bullshit. As soon as I can transfer things from this crappy laptop to my music computer, I'll be able to record something. Just need to free up a Zip disk. Keep it coming though. We can't forget about this thread so lets try to bounce it to the top every day or so.

-Springfield

Dope Project

i would love to hear how this comes out. If yall pull off something dope I must learn how you go about it. but I'll wait and check out the finish product. somebody hit me when its done.

If we made it controversial like a west coast song verses a eastcoast song or downsouth. It would get more people to join in just to be competitive and represent where there from. That would be hot. Lol . I cant beleive i thought of that. That was actually a good idea.

I loved the other track you dropped on here. We can collab whenever,just let me know when and what track. I can send you a verse and a hook today. If you want. HOLLA BACK

i would love to donate a verse or something but yall gotta tell me how this works...do i just record it in cubase and export it as a wave file and e-mail it to whoever is putting it all together or what? let me know the deal and what the song is gonna be about and ill definetly jump on it. if it matters i would say the first beat that was posted would be the best for this project.

Yeah we need to rock with the first track. Thats the better one. All of them are hot but I prefer that one.

Back