Check Out This Posse Cut

The beat is decent but sounds dated. Also the kick and snare are unbalanced and a bit ringy and metallic. Try to bring up the kick drum in the mix and add a little low EQ, and cut some low mid EQ from the snare. The sudden volume change in the samples between verses is distracting, try using the stereo image to more effect. While passable, the rhyming gets sloppier with each verse, and ill lyrics get obscured by poor delivery and lack of diction. This will come with much practice and exercise, both physical and mental. Finally, the scratching is a nice touch, often neglected these days. Speed and dynamics are there, so focus on coming off clean, precise, and musical. The first posse cut as well as the beats are mediocre at best, but study your favorites and determine what makes them that good, then take it in the lab with you. Keep doing your thing.

Peace.

thanks for the reply, yeah the beat is dated, in fact its a loop cut out of an old beat that i made that i then lost due to technical difficulties. I feel ya on the rhyme delivery thing, i spent probabably 4 hours of combined time explaining that to the last 3 mcs on the track,sometimes i got through to them sometimes not. ah well its just the first trizzack

Like I said, keep doing your thing. You definitely have the heart of a producer. Continue to help your people reach and even surpass their potential.

Peace.

Back