can anyone here recreate this beat in Reason 2.5?

What have you been using as far as devices.
The drums is pretty easy..........What do you have for refills? That is probably your biggest opponent. Refills means everything when dealing with Reason. Lay your drums first, I don't think that should be too diificult. Then practice those chords.......Then record it! Are you trying to duplicate for any particular purpose or just to experiment? If I was you I would use that as a base, but add your own flavor to it, there are numerous ways you could take it...................Again you need a good refills with some nice organ or elec piano sounds. You can layer it with a nice bassline of your own too, that will change the whole face of it..............

hey,

yeah the drums are relatively easy, although the kick pattern is proving a little difficult to recreate but I can get close.

Yeah, I'm doing this as an experiment with some friends to increase our knowledge and skills in Reason. We are actually going to try to recreate teh whole album (just the beats, not the vocals). We realise it will take a lot of time and effort but we see it as a valuable learning experience and are just going to take it one song at a time.

We are trying to use mostly the Reason Factory Sounds as much as possible but in this case it may not be possible so we have also allowed ourlselves to use free refills (but finding the right one may be difficult). To tell you the truth I was hoping to be able to tweak a similar sounding NN19/NNXT instrument or Subtractor/Maelstrom synth to create a similar sounding instrument to what I'm looking for but yeah it's hard. And without a similar sounding instrument I'm finding it impossible to play those chords.

any help is appreciated! :)

1.)Try investing in refills other than the factory sounds, it will open up a world of opportunities, and they're rather cheap.
2.) You could still tweak the Factory sounds with alot of experimentation, the sound is not that hard to get.
Let me know how the project turns out, that is definitley a good way to learn Reason, by duplicating another song.
Keep Banging!

Trumpspade said:
1.)Try investing in refills other than the factory sounds, it will open up a world of opportunities, and they're rather cheap.
2.) You could still tweak the Factory sounds with alot of experimentation, the sound is not that hard to get.
Let me know how the project turns out, that is definitley a good way to learn Reason, by duplicating another song.
Keep Banging!

thanks man, dope advice

Back