**Building Vocals Around Beat??***

Raydio

I have a basic song consisting of just drums in Fruity Loops 4. I had an artist of mine write and record his verse to the drum song I made in Fruity Loops. His vocals are in Wav Format. I want to import his vocals into a sequencer like Sonar or Cubase. I want to build the keyboard and synth using my Korg Triton around his vocals, but I dont want to record the MIDI info into Sonar or Cubase; I want to record the MIDI info into Fruity Loop's sequencer. In addition to this, I want to edit the drum song he rapped to by adding breaks & drops to the drum track in FLP format. Someone suggested that I import his vocal track into Fruity Loops, but there is one BIG problem, if you press the stop button in Fruity Loops, every pattern restarts, therefore making it so you cant play the vocals from say.... the middle of the song. Any suggestions on a more effective way of building the beat around the vocals using FL and a sequencer?

Maybe Cool Edit or Acid works better? Lemme kno. Peace

Well, since no one else is helping out I'll give you an idea of how I do it, although I don't use FL so this may be of no use to you.

I find it very difficult to work with 1 big file. I would suggest chopping the vocals into different files, for example: Intro, Verse 1, Hook, Verse 2, Bridge, Verse 3. I break it down even further than that (usually every 4 bar). This allows you to work each section independently. This solution may even work for FL.

Personally, I import the different vocal sections into a hardware sampler. Then I set up my sequencer at the same BPM as the vocals and start building my seqences around the vocals.

I've also recently been doing the same type of thing with ACID 4.0. With ACID I just import the whole vocal track and loop sections at a time (verse 1 for instance) and build sequences that way.

I still prefer hardware sequencers to ACID, Logic or Cubase though.

Good luck,

Stray

i dont use FL but i know once u got the pattern down u can save the pattern in the FL file or u can save it as a wav...u should save it as a wave and import it into Cubase or Sonar that way u can import the vocals and add the FL beat into Cubase or Sonar and whatevea u need to add to the beat..hope this help..

Cool drop, anyone else got techniques??? Any techniques on how to do this process with "whatever" gear/software is appreciated.

Back