The best gear for hip-hop Producers

cflow

Everybody and their momma in the hip-hop field want to own one of AKAI's series of the MPC drum machine/sequencer/sampler. Nothing against Akai, because I own some of their products and I'm very happy with them. But I think it's over hyped too much. I think the triton series of keyboards should take the spotlight. What do Y'all think?

I use the MPC2000xl / MPC3000 a trinity and some sound modules...I dont think the MPC like is overrated....when I bought the mpc my production level went up a few notches...if I buy the triton it will go up a few more...

if I had the chance to start all over. I would get the mpc3000le, a midi keyboard 88 keys(the biggest one), the proteus, the Extreme Lead, triton sound module ,and one of the roland sound modules...and be done...

http://www.mp3.com/scarr

OK The Emu Proteus runs for about $999.Emu Xreme lead $899. Triton sound module $2,000. a good roland sound module $900. an alright midi controller with 88keys (not knowing what kind of inputs and outputs it has) $150ish AANNNDD STILL THE OVERRATED Champ the MPC3000le runs just under 2Gran. Now that's about $7,000 out the pocket not including the Monster Cables. Why do this to yourself when you can get the TRITON Pro-X for $3,000 or less. It has neck breakin sounds, built in sequencer (bigger screen than the MPC) ,Phatt sampler with mind blowin expansion boards, and it has 88keys, with eyecandy ins and outputs. And if I was to pick one of EMU/ENSONIQ sound modules. I'll go with the Mo'Phat:t. With saying that ,can Triton get the spotlight.

Nah cflow...

Nothing has influenced hip-hop and r&b production like the akai mpc series machines. And I seriously doubt that anything ever will again. The MPC is to hip-hop what the guitar is to rock n roll. As hot as the triton and trinity, (and soon the Karma) workstations are they can never have as huge an effect on hip-hop as the MPC.

I don't know why but I still prefer my trinity V3 to the triton. Guess it's just a matter of preference. Plus there are things I can do with samples on an MPC that I gave up even trying to do on a triton. Then again there are things I can do on an Ensoniq ASR-X that I can't do on a MPC.

Nah Trak

Here's how you sound

Nothing has influenced Motown music like the 8trak. and I seriously doubt that anything ever will again. The 8trak is to Motown what fossils is to Dinosaurs.
Stop dwelling on the past (and the soon to come Karma) I think it is a back-step for korg, it looks like a bright colored Casio keyboard.
And last but not least .How can you prefer a trinity over a triton. Check the specs and then check Yo self.

CAN THE TRITON GET THE LIGHT Maaannn
West Sssiiiiiddee

Like I said it's a matter of preference. I still prefer the trinity to the triton. In fact when I'm starting a track the trinity is always my starting point. I'm not saying the trinity is better, just that I prefer to use the trinity as my main workstation. Of course I use the triton too, it's sounds are unrivalled in my opinion, but the trinity has it's own character that's different from the triton.

AND HELL NAH TRITON CANNOT GET THE LIGHT MAAAAAAN!!! But I'll give it a candle. HAHAHA

OK Now, lets stay on Trak

Not one time in your reply(STOP AND THINK NOW) did I hear anything about the MPC. And like you said it's a matter of preference. OK some people prefer a lime-green Pinto ,over a Shinny black Bentley on D'sssssssss.
Is there some real hip-hop producers on this site. halla at me.
Can Triton get the f#@%!^& Spotlight

Whateva man.

Bottom line; hip-hop beats = MPC or reasonable facsimile + whatever keyboard/ module you choose.

Triton gets serious Pop music spotlight. Maybe you should just go pop. HAHAHAHA

YO TRAK are you really from NY

Sorry to pull your card ,but I think you're from Utah. And I got a strange fellin that you're related to like Uhmmm dudy dude Rassizzim. Not sayin anything about Utah hip-hoppers cause 42.8% keeps it real.
But I'll Respect you more if you just admit iT ( BY WHO IS THE MASTER)? T------------ .

Yo Trak

I found Something that we can agree on ?????????.
Misterqcue is a wack&$$ Thread Starter. Is rapping , singing or the vanilla Ice Mc Hammer THing . Wiggar Please///

Ok Muthafucka's, my threads are mainly for entertainment purposes only! I'm from NYC,Uptown also!
And It's Nigga' Not Wigga!
Peace
Mr.Q

Now Now children, we are suspose to be talking about music, not about were you are from or the color of your skin!!! If you are down with making Hip- Hop or Rap music you can come from any where, even Idaho!!! HA HA HA, Lets just keep it real.....

Carter

i use the mpc and i love it, all i really do is rap. But i don tthink i can work good with out it. i have never made a beat with trinity/triton but i feel they sounds.

Jamal leave that crack alone.

Anyway, Mr. Carter or anyone.What do you think is a good set-up for hip-hop producers with keepin in mind ,this is a home recording studio. Yeah the MPC has drum-pads locked down ,but what about the bass, strings, and other things that go along with a wicked hip-hop production. Shit, the triton does it all with ease on keys.
Spotlight???????

Back