best breaks for hip-hop production

tommyill

All The Breaks is an audio CD containing the 300 drum breaks that have been sampled countless times and utilized for the drum sounds for the majority of all hip-hop, drum and bass, and other sample-based music.

We've remastered these songs and cut them down to the essential parts where the drums are open to be sampled and chopped.

There is no where else where you can get all these breaks in one place. Finding these on your own would take an immense amount of time and money. Whether you are a producer, DJ, or just a lover of great music, All The Breaks is an amazing, one-of-a-kind CD you've got to hear to believe.
http://www.allthebreaks.com

So basically you've sampled what is allready sampled...I'm pretty sure you just crashed and burned when trying to push that cd her man...
Originality comes from your own creativity...not someone elses'

-Nito

It's not like that

It's a tool for producers... It's for drum sounds... Check out the site, I'm sure once you see what its all about you will like it. We put a lot of work in getting all these records together, making sure it was mastered properly, etc. A lot of our friends in the industry like it - check the quotes on the site.
If you still don't like it, let me know - all feedback is appreciated.

it takes away a lot of the process man... the cratedigging, making shit sound phat yourself...

Isn't hip hop about making shit outta nothing? People spend time in dusty record stores, going through crates to find phat drum sounds, cut em, make them sound like they want....that's what shit is about man...

And already-sampled shit? Hm I suspect you just bought a bunch of "breaks" compilations and cut that shit up...

I ain't trying to knock your hustle, but to me, that prefab shit is just wack.

Mo-Kay said:
it takes away a lot of the process man... the cratedigging, making shit sound phat yourself...

Isn't hip hop about making shit outta nothing? People spend time in dusty record stores, going through crates to find phat drum sounds, cut em, make them sound like they want....that's what shit is about man...

And already-sampled shit? Hm I suspect you just bought a bunch of "breaks" compilations and cut that shit up...

I ain't trying to knock your hustle, but to me, that prefab shit is just wack.

I have to agree with you there. That shit is for the P. Diddy wannabes who lack creativity so they wanna go use some "already-sampled" sounds. If you want it grimey or at least original....do it yourself. I will admit, I know some people who would probably buy into it just because they don't know how to arrange their own breaks yet, but once they learn they'd feel like they wasted month on that stuff....not trying to be mean, just trying to be true.

Ditc

"people always say, "we like the way he makes beats"/
"he doesnt use break beats" -diamond d

and if you never heard that album and you wanna be a hip hop producer, you better go get it!!!!

DITC

I agree that producers should go out and hear the records, this should not be used as a replacement for having a vast collection, a respect for the musicians that made it, and a love for the music.
This is really about drums. What are you guys using for drum sounds? I don't know any producers that haven't chopped up Impeach the president and put it under something that they dug for. Thats why i feel this isn't a replacement for digging - it's just the breaks, not the full song, so all you can take is the drums.
And just so you all know, I've been digging since 1991 and these were all taken from my and my friends collections, not pieced together from comps.
Regardless, I appreciate the well though out criticism. Thanks for your thoughts, I know I came off on the infomercial tip, and that wasn't my intention.

Well...you would find the "impeach the president" record you want to pull drums off of yourself, and THEN sample that shit

Last edited:
Back