which beat should i write to first?

jugalo180

www.moneyistherecipe.com
for those who checked out my snippets and for those who will, if you have a minute can you suggest the best beat in your opinion on the page for me to write to pleeeease?

http://www.nowhereradio.com/loueazy/singles

keep in mind they are not sequenced to rap to they are just scraps thrown together to give a general idea and to also get your head to moving. they are not mixed what soever, just judge them by content please.

I gotta holla at you about the artwerk. :-)

I haven't really peeped the tracks yet though. Im waiting to peep them in the studio.

Malcolm

That artwork is def. my favourite of the lot, jug.

I can't peep ya tracks to tell ya which I think cos nowhere is playing up with me.

first they love me then they hate me - i don't like the sample you used like a bass drum (sounded like jay-z saying uh!), but besides that it's the one i prefer, so i say start with this one.

and back the fuck up's pretty good too, so next one.

ha ha ha

yo, Dj17 that is jay z (lol) i can't put my own vocals as well as many other things untill i hook up my triton again, i'm thinking about hooking it up minus the monitors so that i can get some high quality beats instead of sampled instruments. thanks yo.

Re: ha ha ha

jugalo180 said:
yo, Dj17 that is jay z (lol) i can't put my own vocals as well as many other things untill i hook up my triton again, i'm thinking about hooking it up minus the monitors so that i can get some high quality beats instead of sampled instruments. thanks yo.

Back Da Phuck up ! run with that one

and bring that Triton to the studio. LOL

Lets hook up today. I bypassed the console and ran everything through the Motu and then let the Motu feed the 824s.

I wouldn't lay vox like this because I will lack a good pre and a Gate, but we can now lay tracks!!

Ordering the board this week or early next week.

Holla

Malcolm

yo

are you very familiar with the triton? those trax are just references done in fruity loops. all of the one shots were sampled as well as the vocals. i want to recreate everything from off of the triton so the quality will be higher and the instruments will sound cleaner. wifey get's off at around 5pm. what time do you want to hook up?

Re: yo

jugalo180 said:
are you very familiar with the triton? those trax are just references done in fruity loops. all of the one shots were sampled as well as the vocals. i want to recreate everything from off of the triton so the quality will be higher and the instruments will sound cleaner. wifey get's off at around 5pm. what time do you want to hook up?

I get off at 4:30 and going straight to the studio. I call you

The Triton??? naw not me. but one of the guys on our production team has one. He just brings it in records everything to sonar then dips with it because he uses it for church. LOL

He left it in the studio one time and I couldnt get a damn note out of it. Ima get one of those Motifs tho !!

Malcolm

okay

when me and my partner and crime went in on it, i didn't bother to really learn to use (it) for recording i've just been pulling sounds out of it and recording from it in analog through the mixer into the computer. i haven't put my hands on it in about 3 1/2 months though. i can get it today, i could have been gotten it back but i haven't been to my storage unit to get my mixer out. if you have quarter inch cables and midi cables i can just shoot to his crib and grab the board itself and swing to the studio.

if o'l dude with his triton is there then that would be cool. my partner was supposed to be the one learning how to use it but he is only hear during weekends because he is a truck driver, and that's why i haven't focused so much on the triton, but i know i can reassemble that beat with it, because it's simple, i just hate to walk into your studio not knowing enough about my own equipment. holla @ me

No problem.

I have midi and 1/4" cables. I just hooked up the Motu MTP AV the other day for cases like this.

Malcolm

Back