beat making help...

It's callin my name....."come buyyyy meeeeeeee" it's almost as evil as popeye's chicken.

alright, i set up the soundclick page. i tried to upload a beat, but the mp3 file i was uploading was like 70,000 MB. how the fuck do i get that smaller seeing as how soundclick only allows 10. GODSPEED.

lol, i havr no idea. i think the "end" marker in Reason was pushed waaaayyyy back,
and when i exported the song, it took all the blank space also.

imma go fuck with it again, and see if i can figure it out.

That makes sense....I've done that before but I always caught it before it got encoded to mp3.

ok im maaad retarded, the 70,000 MB was free space, not the size of the file.

i loaded a song, now im waiting for them to clear me. i load a few more tomarrow and post the link for some feedback.

yeah, im cleared now. i went and listened to the beat, and the levels were horrible.
i need to go back, fix it and upload it again.

I caught that on some of mine too. His Royal Majesty was good but I did need to up the verse instruments a little for more power.

alright,
i finally got the soundclick page up.
theres 13 beats, all but one are just snippets (30 seconds to a minute).
theyre pretty different than the other beats ive heard here.
keep in mind ive only been making beats for like 2 months.
enjoy, and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=389520

and yes, in that picture, im the fat white guy on the right.
.peace.

edit: since theres 13, and i doubt anyone is going to listen to all 13,
just pick one or 2 or whatever, and tell me which ones you listened to.

Last edited:
Yo ethos, if I remember correctly aren't you using Reason? I can see you're getting your start making beats. What you may want to do is expand on your drum kits (there's loads of free kits out there that really aren't that bad) and try layering some sounds together. From the samples, I couldn't get much variety, but I saw good things in it, especially for someone who's only been doing it for a few months. I know mine was horrible when I was at that stage (and yeah I can admit it). But if in fact you are using Reason 2 or above, you may also want to take these tips as well.

You should find as many different soundfonts that you can find and try them out in NN-XT and Redrum. I've found massive shit on sf2midi.com

Try to find as many different refills that you can use. If you do a search in Google or Dogpile with the words reason refills, it'll show you a hell of a lot of places you can get demo or free versions of the refill. The demos aren't bad and you can use most of them for commercial purposes.

Hope that helps you out.
Fie

yeah, im using Reason 3.0.
thanks for the refill suggestion, i'll go hunt around after i finally get some sleep.
if i remeber right, they have some free refills on the propeller heads website.
any suggestions for refills to look out for?
thanks for he feedback.

.peace.

Ummm. I know of a LOT of them. I'll post some links up in this thread later today. I used to have an html file (I saved it as that but can't figure out what the name of the site was) that listed damn near all of the underground sites, I might still have it. But start out with reasonstation.net and dorumalaia.com. Both of those are great.

Back