Which Beat Maker Software Rules the Waves?

MariusV said:
What's the difference between Cakewalk Sonar and Cubase? Can you not mix in Cubase? :confused:

Thanks for the tip! :D Will check it out when I get to the MPC stage.

Marius

You can mix in both Cubase & Sonar. I use Sonar myself. Cubase for me is more to help in the creation of making a beat, along with tracking & mixing down. Sonar for me is mainly for tracking & mixing down.

I'd like to get cubase. I saw a tutorial where you can sync cubase up with your hardware(Triton,Motif,Mpc,etc.) so you can track out each separate instrument, if you don't have many ins/outs for recording. That'd be very useful for me. The triton le has 2 main outs and 2 individuals but has a 16 track sequencer. It's irritating to record a stereo mix from the keyboard and later find instruments clashing with the vocal frequencies. Tried the sync thing with acid pro but the midi clock in acid sucks. The beat kept skipping. If i would have tracked it out like that, every track would have skips in different places and it would sound like trash!!

I use FRUITY LOOPS 6.0 Producer Edition. It works incredibly well. All I do is export the beat and import in Adobe Auditions. There's even a video on the net of someone re-making the T.I. beat 'What you know' ...it sounds just like it.

MariusV said:
Hi,

This is my very first post (as far as I can remember) so please do not take it easy on me (I've been lurking like a fiend for a while!) Here are my questions for you...

What's the best rap beat maker software (where cash is no object)?
What's the best free rap beat maker software (if such a thing exists)? and...
What do you use?

Thanks for your help. Great Forums!

Marius

well to be a dickhead and brothers you guys answered his questions all wrong!

1st dude, is this something youve done or just woke up and decided hey i want to make beats.

2nd Do You have any experience with production?

3rd Did you make use of the search funtion?

Answers those 3 correctly and futher service will be provided if not, get yo ass on wiki or futureproducers.com and learn something 1st.

well to be a dickhead and brothers you guys answered his questions all wrong!

1st dude, is this something youve done or just woke up and decided hey i want to make beats.

2nd Do You have any experience with production?

3rd Did you make use of the search funtion?

Answers those 3 correctly and futher service will be provided if not, get yo ass on wiki or futureproducers.com and learn something 1st.

Didn't we all have that "hey I want to make beats" day in the beginning. And wiki is the SHIT!!!!

everyone has giving you some good input..but it really has to be your choice on what you want to use.. here is a link where you can download the demos...some are full free programs also just gotta read what you looking at http://www.hitsquad.com/smm

and for recordings vocals and tracking look for the free program called Reaper its does everything the big boys do..

and for the record any software program can be made to create beats..its just FL and Reasons are the top of the pack..

happy searching...

BTW I only use software for editing..I use Hardware to make Beats..no one is better then the other..its how you use it..and understand what your working with

Back