Any Techno Fan or Dj could help me about producing techno?

IHeartTechno

Any Techno Fan or Dj could help me about producing techno?Im a noob and that's it..I always wanted to make a happy lead(I mean make it sound like basshunter, but I always fail. Any tips?:o

And which should I construct first?beat,bass,lead,rythm?

Last edited:
Any Techno Fan or Dj could help me about producing techno?Im a noob and that's it..I always wanted to make a happy lead(I mean make it sound like basshunter, but I always fail. Any tips?:o

And which should I construct first?beat,bass,lead,rythm?

Never listened to Basshunter before,..
I make Hardcore/Metallic/Industrial/Noise/Ambient type music which is made in somewhat of a similar way as Techno...and I always start with a beat first, then a bassline, then rhythmic guitar samples over that,..and my leads are always last with any other sampling on top.
Best advice I could give,..is to mess around with your lead sounds,.. so that they blend nicely with your basslines. It takes time, but you'll get it.
For a long time my stuff sounded like it was "off"....even when my songs are 'offbeat' to begin with...but eventually, I figured out how to blend my basslines with my leads, so that they didn't sound like they were from two different songs.
I really couldn't comment much more than that, because I don't really listen to Techno.
Though the same instruments are used in the different genres.

Back