Active Monitors for Hip Hop Production.

gkowal

hey guys I have been making beats for some time now using regular speakers but I am always unsatisfied when i play my songs on ther system then the ones I use for mixing, it always sounds different.. I am sick of it and I want to get some Monitors(Active) so no need of amp. I need good cheap monitors that can handle HIP HOP BASS.. in price range of $300 <---PAIR, is that possible???

what do you think guys about USED ones? Is it worhit ? or NOT.. THanks..

Two suggestions.

bYour best bet
You need a credit card but AMS let's you pay over 3 months with no interest. These monitors here are just $100 over your limit, but they get real good reviews.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.asp?UID=2003072412002858&menu=0203&keyword=ASM11&item=BEH+B2031

Next best thing
Used monitors are probably a little risky, no warranty. If you do go used, go here. They have a 48 hour return policy and usually will give you at least a short term warranty.

I don't know what size these are, but if they're 6, go for it. That's what I use and they work great.

http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=171800

Ironically, UPS just dropped off my new Akai S2000 from MusicGoRound. Picked it up for $149. Time to have some fun.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Stray

Save your money, then get....

Mackie HR-624's

or

Mackie HR-824's

Your monitors are the most important part of your setup.

How can you make something sound good if you can't truly hear it? :confused:

spin

the best moniters for any engineer/producer are the ones hes/she most comfortamble with.

At the studios i regularly do stuff at one has NS10s amd big PMCs- which both sound fucking awful. not because the shit moniters ( well the PMCs) but because i'm not used to them. In my own setup i've got Tannoy Reval actives, and i've recently added baby golds.

out of all the moniters above the only ones i feel realy comfortable with are the Tannoy reveals, the cheapest of all of them! Thats because i've had them for two years and no doubt spent thousands of hours listering to them

i never much liked the yamaha 10's but a friend of mine made a good point. Yes they sound like shit but if you can make your music sound good on those then it will sound great on everything else.

Back