3 New Tracks and a New Site

I see you went with soundclick in the end. :)

Ain't No Telling - I love the rhythms in this and that tune is so damn catchy. I can't really work out a hook which may be an issue or not depending on how it's flowed (may have some vocal backing for hook, etc.) You know I love orchestral in hip-hop.

Another Day - Nice intro. Relaxing and different. Sounds a bit electro-pop actually. Definately different to other things out there. Good beat, maybe a little more bass though?

If I Never Said It - I like how you incorperated (sp?) a rock organ into this. All your music always seems to have to have something different in them. This is very different too. Not really that keen on it but it is a good beat. I think it would benefit from a bassline (or more bass if I just haven't noticed it :D) and maybe some guitars?

Banging beats as always though.

Can't wait to get working on this remix :).

You have some major skills! I love your use of the strings, very classy. I like every beat, very nice job. What equipment do you use?

Listened to your stuff man its on point
Its gonna be good workin with ya

On the real
Another Day... is now third of my favorites of all time behind "Dance" and "More Than A Woman"
IM DEAD SERIOUS

Cant Stop Smiling

Last edited:
Abyyss, Thanks for the listen and reply as always. You're right about the bass issue in "I Never". It's there, just very low. Yeah, different is my goal so hopefully I achieved that. You know I'm ready and waiting on the remix.

Soulfan, Thanks for listening. Strings are my favorite sort of instruments to work with. Give me a minute, on the set up. I got some new studio pics I was going to post anyway, just gotta import them.

Questien, That's a pretty big compliment....Thanks!! Definitely looking forward to the collabo, I'm ready to go. BTW, if you want to collabo on "Another Day", by all means, but let's get this first one done and then we'll talk about it.

Stray

Aint No Telling - i like this alot. energetic type track. I really like the 3 string octaves .2 things i wouldv'e done different with the string i would've used a different string patches for each octaves. sounds like the same patch but i could be wrong. 2nd i like the drum programming but not the kit.

Another Day - Melody is hot. Has a nice feel. same drum comment as before but its the snare thats not working for me.

If I Never SAid It - I always appreciate when hip hop producers make good melodic use of organs. its kind of rare. Yeah we'll use stabs or long held notes but u used it as the central instrument for the melody. Hot

nice fiya beats ...u always puttin out the fiya...im really feelin Another Day..i could see Goodie Mob rockin over this one...bangin fiya beats like always...

BK, as always thanks for the listen and reply, it's much appreciated.

HDHM, thanks for the detailed reply. You're right about the strings they do sound kind of like one patch. I need to fix the mix on that to separate the different tracks more. Thanks for pointing that out.

Can you go into a little more detail about what you don't like about the drums. I respect your opinion on the subject, you make some banging beats.

Other producers have said similar things to me in the past, but I'm still having trouble understanding. I know I program drums a bit different then other producers, I wonder if that has anything to do with it at all??

Stray

For SoulFan, Here's the list of my equipment. I'm working on bulding a new PC as we speak and some other big updates for the studio coming soon.

Stray

COMPUTER
Emachine P2 733 mhz
- 384 MB RAM
- Roland RPC-1 Card
- (2) 7200 RPM 40 GIG HD
- Software by Emagic, Sonic Foundry, Waves, TC Electronics, Antares and many others.

MIXERS
Roland VM-3100 Pro - 20 Channel Digital Mixer
Roland VM-3100 - 12 Channel Digital Mixer
StudioMaster Club Series - 8 Channel Mixer
Boss BR-8 - 8 Track Digital Recording Studio

MICROPHONES
Shure KSM27 Studio Condenser Microphone
Shure Beta 58A Dynamic Microphone

OUTBOARD GEAR
DBX 376 Channel Strip/MicPre/Compressor
Rocktron Intellifex
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Aphex Aural Exciter Type C
Alesis AirFX
Behringer PX2000 Patchbay
(2) Furman RP-8 Power Conditioners

KEYBOARDS/DRUM MACHINES
Roland JX-305 GrooveSynth
Boss DR-5 Rhythm Section

MIDI RACKS
Roland MSE-1 String Ensemble Module
Roland MBD-1 Bass and Drum Module
Roland MVS-1 Vintage Keys and Synth Module
Roland MGS64 General MDI Module
Kurzweil ME-1 MicroEnsemble
Emu Proteus 3 World Module
Peavey Spectrum Bass Module
Akai S2000 Sampler with 32 MB RAM and Zip Drive
Midiman 3x8 Thru Box

MONITORS
Event PS-6 Studio Monitors
AKG 240M Studio Headphones
RCA 6 ½” Book Shelf Speakers
RCA 2” Cubes
Sony 8” 3-way Towers
Sherwood and Akai Amplifiers

stray411 said:
BK, as always thanks for the listen and reply, it's much appreciated.

HDHM, thanks for the detailed reply. You're right about the strings they do sound kind of like one patch. I need to fix the mix on that to separate the different tracks more. Thanks for pointing that out.

Can you go into a little more detail about what you don't like about the drums. I respect your opinion on the subject, you make some banging beats.

Other producers have said similar things to me in the past, but I'm still having trouble understanding. I know I program drums a bit different then other producers, I wonder if that has anything to do with it at all??

Stray

Sup Cuzzin. I was referring to the individual drum sounds you chose. The patterns were dope. but I wasn't feeling the drum samples. I cant explain whats off with them. I posted a beat when i first got cubase and my xv5050. All of the sounds I used were from the xv. and everyone like the beat but the drum samples no one was feeling 'em. I agreed with them. I dont used any of the factory drums on any of my gear. ( I lie triton has a small few that have been used to death in hip hop)

HDHM,

I hear you. I need to start spending more time building kits, it's just so time consuming. Thanks for the insight.

Stray

Back