2 new songs feedback welcome

Carter

Total gear slut
Here are two new songs that I tracked last night, I just put a quick mix on them because I can never mix the same day I track.

Go ahead rip them apart and tell me what you think....

from what i have heard they sound pretty tight..i like that ride out doors..

bknot1 said:
from what i have heard they sound pretty tight..i like that ride out doors..

Thanks Bknot, but you dont have any suggestions....or did you hear anything wrong with the songs.....????

I'll have to peep them when I go back to the house. But once I do, I'll give you the feed on it.

i'm feeling it

I’m at work and listening on these computer monitors at a low level will not give me a true reference. I don't have any studio monitors (or a studio anymore), but I do have my audio technica m40fs's :D, both songs as a whole have potential and are marketable. The beats are both tight, I like the second a little better, and I guess its cause of its up-tempo. The flow, and lyrics are tight and I like both hooks. Are you from the Georgia, south click area? I only asked because I lived in Georgia for three years and the artists had that regional vibe. I'm feeling it.

jugalo180 said:
I’m at work and listening on these computer monitors at a low level will not give me a true reference. I don't have any studio monitors (or a studio anymore), but I do have my audio technica m40fs's :D, both songs as a whole have potential and are marketable. The beats are both tight, I like the second a little better, and I guess its cause of its up-tempo. The flow, and lyrics are tight and I like both hooks. Are you from the Georgia, south click area? I only asked because I lived in Georgia for three years and the artists had that regional vibe. I'm feeling it.

No I'm straight out of Cincinnati, Born and raised!!! I do have fam down in the ATL south side though.... Thanks for the feedback Red, maybe one day we'll all get rich on this shit!

Carter said:
No I'm straight out of Cincinnati, Born and raised!!! I do have fam down in the ATL south side though.... Thanks for the feedback Red, maybe one day we'll all get rich on this shit!

oh damn, i see it in your profile. isn't Ray Cash from Cin city? i hung out in Cleveland for a couple of weeks, i used to mess with this chick from there. shit was ill, crips and bloods were doing drive by's right on her block.

Aiight, I got a chance to listen to them Carter. On "My Shit", I can see where you're goin' with it, but it seems almost as if you recorded the track twice and added reverb. I don't think the sound came out as clean as you probably could get it. Also IMHO I think that the hi-hats are too loud. They can stick out a little bit, but it sounds like it's distorting the beat a little bit (might be just me). All in all, it's a good track, I just think it should be cleaned up a little bit.

I just finished listening to "Ride Outdoors" and from what I can hear, the vocals on this is what "My Shit" should be, so I know you got it in you. I'd turn the beat up just a notch on it though. The beat is tight, just up the volume on it homie.

On both of these tracks, you have a sound of C-Murder mixed with A-Ge-2-A-Ke and that's not bad at all. Anybody else see that or is it just me?

Fieva said:
Aiight, I got a chance to listen to them Carter. On "My Shit", I can see where you're goin' with it, but it seems almost as if you recorded the track twice and added reverb. I don't think the sound came out as clean as you probably could get it. Also IMHO I think that the hi-hats are too loud. They can stick out a little bit, but it sounds like it's distorting the beat a little bit (might be just me). All in all, it's a good track, I just think it should be cleaned up a little bit.

I just finished listening to "Ride Outdoors" and from what I can hear, the vocals on this is what "My Shit" should be, so I know you got it in you. I'd turn the beat up just a notch on it though. The beat is tight, just up the volume on it homie.

On both of these tracks, you have a sound of C-Murder mixed with A-Ge-2-A-Ke and that's not bad at all. Anybody else see that or is it just me?

Thanks for the feedback. If you remember from the first post I did say that I only put a quick mix on the songs because I cant mix the same day I track.

I do agree with what you are saying for my shit..... there is alot of overdubs that have to be sorted out..... When I sit down this weekend to remix I'll post next week, I have the studio book every evening until Sat so I cant do it before then...

Peace

Carter said:
Thanks for the feedback. If you remember from the first post I did say that I only put a quick mix on the songs because I cant mix the same day I track.

I do agree with what you are saying for my shit..... there is alot of overdubs that have to be sorted out..... When I sit down this weekend to remix I'll post next week, I have the studio book every evening until Sat so I cant do it before then...

Peace

Yeah I saw you said that, but I still thought I could at least give you some insight and good feed before you went into the final mix. I try not to mix the same day I track either so I hear you on that one. Sometimes other people catch shit I would have missed even in the final mix. I'm hoping to get some time to record on Saturday and Sunday. My plan is to record that 3rd verse and the hooks on Role Model and then record Don't Blame Me as well. I think I'm gonna try to record 2 tracks a week so I can get caught up where I need to be. Shit's hard when you're jugglin school, work, and a family life ya heard

Back