Yamaha MG166cx-USB & Cubase AI 6

Beepo

Howdy, Newbie I am .... I recently purchase the MG166CX-USB, and the manual gives directions for using AI 4 but mine shipped with Cubase AI 6. There are some slight details that don't agree, but following the instructions as closely as I can ... I get this: Recording an audio track w/ Condenser mic, I can "see" (via PC screen ) that the Cubase is picking up the signal thru the Yamaha BUT as yet I cannot get any playback thru either the mixer or the PC audio. I was hoping someone also has AI 6 and can offer some insight as to the playback issue.

My PC is Win 7 64, 6 GB RAM & i5 processor. Latest Yamaha driver. Ironically I have an old Tascam US-122 ( USB 1 ) that I can get playback & monitoring on the MIDI off it. Yamaha mixer ....no.

Can anyone shed light on the basic setup under AI 6? Thanks.

Sounds like an issue of either VST Connections in Cubase (create the proper output bus for the Yamaha interface), or a button on the mixer that allows playback from computer/Cubase.

US-122 playback on the MIDI off it? Wait, what? That does not make sense man.

Guessing you had a typo or something there. It happens. Please try to be clear so we can help. :)

1)Try selecting your Yamaha as the default playback device in Windows
2) Check and see if Cubase is monitoring what you are trying to listen to.
3) Make sure (as noted above) the yamaha playback device is selected in the cubase setup (ASIO) driver section

Back