WTF...My Delta 1010 will not power all of a sudden!

HSX

It was working fine up until today. I just finished hooking up my new emu sampler and now my 1010 will not power up. I've checked the connections but all I get is a strange metallic hum from my speakers. Can someone please help me? UGHHHH!!!!

Dammit...now that somebody's actually being helpful it makes me look bad for calling the guy an idiot!

;)

But seriously, yeah, good idea. Check all the fuses/breakers, try plugging the 1010 into an entirely different outlet, check out the outlet in question with something else, etc. There are a lot of things that could be wrong short of it just being broken, so check that all out first and if all else fails, call up Midiman/M-Audio and hope you're still under warranty!

Good luck and if none of this works, please post some more info about the system, how it was wired, etc.

Don't worry about it...I'm sure you couldn't resist. I tried plugging it in to different outlets etc... No electrical storms or anything. I did just add an emu e4xt ultra to my system right before it happened. Maybe I did something to the Delta 1010 in the process. FUCK!

My system is PC PIII 1000. two 20 gig scsi drives. 512 Ram.

I think the thing is fucked. It just doesn't make any sense why this fucker isn't powering up. Maybe I burned it out by powering it off than on again while the computer was on.

I'm calling Midiman...my warranty should still be good.

I appreciate the help.

Yeah I tried resetting it several times....nothing. I'm not sure about an internal reset. I'll look into that.

The manual said that powering the unit once the computer is on could cause problems and void my warranty.

I am going to call midiman tomorrow and see what the deal is.

thanks

You did say that you're getting a metallic hum out of it, true? That would mean that it's getting power. If you have a multimeter (and doesn't everybody? :)) you could check that you get 9 volts AC from the wall wart power supply.
The first Delta 1010 I bought had no power at all. I checked the power supply and that was the problem. But in my case I just sent the whole thing back. If your power supply went bad you might be able to replace just that.

HSX said:

The manual said that powering the unit once the computer is on could cause problems and void my warranty.

I'm glad you pointed this out. I've been powering up my 1010 with the computer on. But when I read the manual, it seems to say that plugging in the computer cable with computer on is what will void the warranty.

I called Midiman and they said that the metallic hum was a sympton of a defective unit. They said they had some bad ones going around and that I should send it to them for a replacement. So it looks like I am sending it in. If anyone is interested, I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks for the responses.

It just sucks having to wait for this thing to come back. Guess I'll just have to route everything straight into the mixer and work on the midi side...

How long have you had your 1010? Did Midiman say anything about what might have caused the problem? I'd like to avoid the same thing happening.

They don't know exactly what is wrong with it until they look at it, but the guy suspected I got one of the "bad ones". I remember hearing something about a defective batch a while back...mine could be one. Don't think there is anything you can do. I got mine in February.

Back