What's the least expensive card that has S/PDIF ins?

Krakit

Rzzzzz!
The subject pretty much says it all. I want to spend as little as possible for a soundcard with S/PDIF inputs.

Thanks.

Carl

I should mention, I want inputs that make it to the outside of the computer. Not one of those cabling deals that you have to ribbon up to an outside input.

Thanks agian.

Carl

by soundcard, do you mean you need analog inputs also....if you just need S/PDIF, a Delta Dio 2448 will do it for $89....you can get them cheaper but your digital transfers may not be that great.....I think there was a thread recently that mentioned one for less than $20?.....

Yeah, just digital input is needed. This is for transfering already recorded material from a digital porta studio.

Thanks for the help so far.

Less than $20 you say?

Carl

Well, it's on order.

Thanks for pointing this out. At this price even if it sucks, it's still worth trying out. Who knows, mayhap it'll work out just fine.

Thanks again,
Carl

Glad we could help...let us hear how it turns out.....Im one of the cheapskates on the board so Id love to be able to recommend it.....

Card just arrived.

Well, I have to say I feel misled.

The implication for this card was that both S/PDIF jacks (both IN and OUT) were accessable from the outside of the computer case.

Not so.

I have already found cards that cost as little as this card with S/PDIF input jumpers that live inside the computer cabinet.

I wanted easy access.

Should I send the card back or try to figure out how to jury rig this to work with my dedicated digy?

Carl

Back