what cable do i use?

Shana

Im recording mp3s onto a blank cd using a philips cd recorder. I put a rca cable from the out of the soundcard into the analog in on the recorder but I'm not getting any sounds coming into the recorder at all. The speakers work perfectly though so its not the sound card. I usually use that cable from the out of the recorder into speakers. I'm thinking that maybe I cant use it to get sound IN to the recorder but only to get sound OUT of the recorder. Can that be or do cables work either way? The cable has a left and right (red , black)in one side and just one out (in?) on the other.
Any ideas ?
Thanx gentlemen,
Shana

I'm a little confused as to what this cable is. Here is what I think you should be using: An 1/8" Stereo Male plug that terminates in 2 RCA. So 1/8" stereo male plug from your sound card speaker/line out, to 2 RCA's into the analog inputs of the CD-R.

Is this like the cable your using now?

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 05-31-2000).]

Thats exactly whati t is. Sorry I still havent mastered the jargon :)
Oh and its still not working

That's really strange. Obviously you've recorded from other sound sources like cassette decks, cd to cd using the same cable? And you are going out of the Speaker/Line Out?

Got me baffled.

Back