What is the best way to convert an Analog Mixer to Computer Hard Disk System?

trillion

I am getting a Behringer 32 channel/8 bus mixer and I want to be able to hook it up to my computer to record. But I don't want to have to buy a 32 ins and outs interface, cause that will cost a pretty penny. Is there anyway I could buy an 8 ins and outs interface and asign those to my 8 bus mixer and still be able to send the recorded stuff on the computer back to my mixer via the busses for mixing the levels on the tracks that are asigned to the busses? I don't know how i can do that, but that is what i really want to do. Please someone help me.

when I was recording with computer this is what I did. I had a Gadget Labs 8/24 (2), 8in 8out soundcard for a total of sixteen tracks.

I hooked the 8 bussouts into the 8/24 in. Then with the output of the 8/24, I put those direclty into the channles on the mixer via the line input. It worked lkike that for me.

ametth

No reason you can't do that. I have a GL Wave824, and I almost bought the Behringer mixer you are talking about (M3282) but ended up buying an Alesis 4 bus mixer. I will be sending the LR mains to GL inputs 1 & 2, the 4 subs to 3-6, and using channel direct outs to go to 7 and 8. Then for playback just run the outputs to mixer channels 1-8. I plan on mixing down to DAT mostly and using my current rack effects in the mixer rather than mixing internally and using software plugins. Having a 8 bus mixer will just make it that much easier for you.

Back