Use/usefulness of channel outs on Presonus Firepod 10

Stickinthemud

I tacked this question on to a related thread, but have not seen a response. Pardon my impatience. :o

If anyone knows of a forum where the Presonus Firepod 10 product is discussed more, I would greatly appreciate being pointed in that direction.

OK, you can take a signal from any of the 8 outputs in the back of the Firepod except when the unit is synced to the computer. This much I know. I don't understand why the 8 outputs shut down when you sync to the computer. Otherwise, how can you get a headphone mix out, and what earthly good are those 8 outputs if they won't work while you are recording?

I would like to be able to run a signal from each channel I am running into the Firepod to a headphone amp. I have one that allows for custom mix for each listener, so a discreet signal from each channel would be ideal.

Unless someone has a magic incantation that will allow me to take a signal out of the back of the Firepod while I am synced to the computer, it seems to me I have no choice to but to split the signal before I send it to the Firepod.

Any suggestions as to how to achieve my goal would be greatly appreciated!

That does seem odd. Could you post about that from the manual i'd be real curious?
There is the Presonus forum as well?

That does seem strange. However, I could see the onboard configuration being superseded by a configuration panel on the computer. Most interfaces have that, if you haven't set it up, that could be the problem.

But yes, find it in the manual.

Did you ever get this figured out?
I want to record my band's live performances but can't seem to get the signal to the mains.
I've tried these two configs:
Mackie MS1202 mic channel "inserts" > FP10 front inputs. The Mackie apparently requires a returning signal from an effect to work properly. At least I guess so... I had no issues when using an AP-1 but when using the FP, the channels cancel out until I unplug the inserts. I might try TR cables instead of TRS to see if the inserts will act like a "preamp out" or "effects out" like a guitar amp. That's how I get signal from my Peavey Classic to the board.

SO::: I tried to re-rout by first going into the front of the FP w/ mics and out of the back to the line in's of the Mackie. No joy. Apparently due to the FP being synched to the computer like you've discovered.

It's my goal to record individual tracks simultaneously for editing later in Sonar WHILE playing live at a venue.

I'll do some snooping around for an answer too and keep you guys in the loop.
Cheers!

Back